Where to Buy BRIGHT YELLOW Cold Water Hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I like to stay visible and easily identifiable to my buddy underwater. I also happen to like the colour yellow. I would love a blindingly bright yellow 7mm neoprene extra warm dive hood, but I can't seem to find one in any colour except for the ubiquitous and frustratingly stealthy techie black:
f62f01f665e1410692a8658b8e6ed5d0.jpg

Anyone know where a really bright yellow 7mm hood can be bought?

I know Otter Bay makes some crazy hoods, although I don't see them advertised anymore. Contact Cricket and find out what she will make for you. Some hoods have dragon spines, and others have ears. Personally a cold water hood is 12mm, and Otter Bay is well known for their hoods. The 12mm can be had in blue.
Wetsuits

Thanks everybody, those are great leads. My girlfriend tried to have a custom one made by a local manufacturer, but it turns out they somehow sell their bright green and bright yellow as the same colour (it's definitely green). I like the look of that Beaver one...

I might have an Otter Bay hood by now, but they insist on having that large, ugly logo on the gear.

I might have an Otter Bay hood by now, but they insist on having that large, ugly logo on the gear.

Yeah, I checked out the site and immediately ruled them out for the same reason. $95 for a (mostly) custom hood with obnoxious branding? Fat chance.

I don't use an Otter Bay hood but know people that do and love them. But they have the basic black and use a marker to hide the logo.

I did have them make me a custom cover for my camera housing lens port. A little pricy but was very good work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom