Where the hell is Redding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tacohandler

Reaction score
Hi. I recently moved from the bay area to a true NorCal town called Redding. The good thing, I'm out of the bay area mess. The bad thing, I'm a little far from Monterey to go diving. I need to get in the water and go diving. Problem is, I am not sure where to dive and I don't have a dive buddy. Can someone point me in the right direction. Whats the coast like way the heck up here? Thanks for any ideas other than "go to your local dive shop." Because, I will. Thanks again, Kevin Reguera

tacohandler:
Hi. I recently moved from the bay area to a true NorCal town called Redding. The good thing, I'm out of the bay area mess. The bad thing, I'm a little far from Monterey to go diving. I need to get in the water and go diving. Problem is, I am not sure where to dive and I don't have a dive buddy. Can someone point me in the right direction. Whats the coast like way the heck up here? Thanks for any ideas other than "go to your local dive shop." Because, I will. Thanks again, Kevin Reguera
hey bud cresent city (for the coast) and wiskeytown lake are both suppose to be nice diving!!!! try those two for starters !!

Uh, west...
It's cold.
And all the roads are twisty. (or at least they were the last time I made the trip - '81)
But there actually is diving and there are divers in the Fortuna area. (or at least there were in '81.. my buddy who was there's passed on I'm afraid).
Rick

You have Whiskeytown that is about 15 minutes from your house. I have done a few dives up there this year, as I live in a po-dunk town called Chico, just down the road from you. We typically head to Fort Bragg, but Monterey isn't much farther. You might be able to get to the coast easily, if you want to dive the north coast. Talk to the dive shop there in town, I don't recall the name, starts with an H, and has seals painted on the side.

Kevin, didn't you live in folsom at one point in time, in 2003? Keep in contact info here, maybe we can carpool to a dive site, redding is pretty close to chico and you will pass through when going south.

Yeh, I lived in Folsom. Summer time is a crazy time for me, I am a golf course superintendent and I spend alot of time taking care of it. Durng the rest of the year I plan on going south to dive in the Monterey area. Have you ever been to Whiskeytown? What do you say we give it a try? I don't know what there is to see down there but it sounds like there may be something. Maybe we can spear a bass or trout. If you or anybody else is interested in diving Whiskeytown, let me know. My email address is kevin_reguera@yahoo.com. Thanks, have a good one.
-Kevin Reguera

Kev, we can't take trout or bass with a speargun, DFG frowns upon that. I have done 4 or 5 dives up there this year, its probably a bit warmer now, but I found the place to be boring. Whiskeytown itself is about 200 feet below the surface and not reachable, most peole dive the road to the old town, I just don't have much interesting to say about whiskeytown, maybe someone else thinks its more exciting. Now I am interested in doing a dive in Almanor for "mudbugs." and thats not too far from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom