Where the heck is THAT!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surf-ratz

Registered
Reaction score
I have come across a handful of pretty creative dive site names when talking to people about where they dive, and my inquiries about where exactly those sites are are generally answered relatively easily, either with a brief follow up question or a quick google of the site name later on. Perhaps I just don't have the knack of placing landmarks and triangulating my position like an old-school merchant sailor, but every once in a while the location of some places eludes me. Especially when the dive site name in question does not lend itself to an easy Google or Wannadive search online. I was hoping that maybe this thread could be used to share some of those hard-to-google dive sites, share dissimilar (though equally creative) dive site names for the same patch of reef between each other, and satisfy some of our curiosity about where our buddies went to dive last weekend while we had the flu or were out of town.

---------- Post added August 31st, 2015 at 01:41 PM ----------

I can start off with one that sounds fun and is, as you might see, particularly difficult to Google. I was wondering about a dive site at Santa Cruz Island (frontside presumably) called "Spelunkers". My efforts to research this site only gave me results for cave climbing/exploration either on the island or in other Santa Cruz locals around the world. While this may spark an another passion for me in the future, I'd still love to know where the dive site might be!
Thanks for any help!
I shall do my best to reciprocate and contribute if others are in need!

Back
Top Bottom