Where Should We Go For Spring Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitelief

Reaction score
I figure somebody here must have a great idea on a great deal for a Carribbean dive package for school vacation week in April (starting on Good Friday). Who do you recommend for making a 5-7 day deal for a hot dive spot? My lodging needs are not finnicky, I'm looking for bargains with great diving at the other end.

Thanks in advance.

-david

Somewhat off topic re: your suggested destination but a vacation suggestion none-the-less... I just got back from two weeks in Italy, one week skiing in the Alps, and a week in Florence and Rome. I've been skiing for about 35 years and of the top 5 days of skiing in my life, two of them have occured in the past two weeks, at Maddona di Campiglio and Passo Tonale. The run at PT, 'Paradisio Sinestre,' ranks number one hands down and I've skied everywhere, from Tuckermans to Tahoe! I checked out some dive operators while we where there and althought it didn't work into our schedule this time, I'm heading back there sometime soon. I'm still mad at myself for not managing to make it happen that I could at least jump into either the Mediteranean or Adreatic whilst there. Oh well, I'll just need to get back there that much sooner.

FWIW, we stayed in nice hotels (at least 3 star) with breakfast included at all, and dinner included in the ski area, and it was cheap. Like, as in 300 Euro's PP/week cheap. Thats about less than $400 PP/PW with meals included. If you are willing to go to less than 3 star, and there is no reason not to except age, relative infirmity (I like a big, comfy, king sized bed for "Apres ski activities), you can do even better. It is perfectly legal to walk down the street with an open container of beer. buyit in a grocery store and duck into a cafe for a slice of the most incredible pizza in the world for lunch as you wander around.) (FWIW, it seems NO-ONE in Europe has ever heard the term "Lung Cancer" and I've been coughing up second hand smoke like I'm a 3 pack a day man since we go back.)

The diving seemed a bit on the pricey side during my research, but this was primarily a ski trip as I said and the idea of diving was just wishful thinking. I did manage to get Pope-erated while in Rome and while I'm a "Fallen Catholic" you can't help but be impressed standing in St Peters Sq with 250,000 other folks during a "Papal Love-in." (Ask Yoko.)

FWIW, I wish I had done it YEARS ago, YMMV.
Paulthenurse

check out cheapcaribbean.com

Back
Top Bottom