Where, oh, where can I can get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank Jig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone know where I can get a mechanical depth gauge that would go 2,500ft deep? or even a 1000ft.
All I can get my hands on are those that go 250-300ft...
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know where I can get a mechanical depth gauge that would go 2,500ft deep? or even a 1000ft.

I assume it *must* be mechanical?

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

I assume it *must* be mechanical?

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Hello Eric. Actually it could be digital. I found some watch that go deep but have lots of features I don't need. I am looking for something that can indicate depth, that's all.

Yes, But to the best of my knowledge. All mechanical movement analogue style depth gauges of 1000 fsw and 2000 fsw test gauges in stock are panel mounted type with a six inch, or eight and a half or even a twelve inch diameter case the lower range used mainly in saturation chambers with a 0.25% accuracy. So a 30 inch depth inaccuracy at 1000 foot sea water.

If its a wrist mounted depth gauge your limited to around 500 fsw depth due to the small diameter of the dial around your wrist, even at 2 inch diameter your still looking at a 150% sweep, with the needle/pointer going one and a half times around the dial to indicate maximum depth and accuracy suffers.

If you increase the dial face diameter to establish finer depth graduations the "glass" thickness increases substantially. LOL

Either way your into custom build gauge using a 7 jewel "gorge" type movement (like a watch) knife edge pointer, mirror reflex dial, synthetic sapphire crystal glass and super austenitic stainless case.

Maximum size would still be limited to something like a parachutist altitude gauge look at the old USAF MA2-30 wrist altimeter for an idea, like wearing a clock. LOL

Example below is of 10,000 FSW depth rated gauges used offshore.

Iain Middlebrook

Can't you just use a ruler?

Thanks Iain.
That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping for a non-custom 3" or so diameter max.
I guess I'll have to look into digital gauges...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom