Where O' where to eat???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rje634

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recommendations of where to eat in Coz is appreciated.
Come on you die hard Cozoholics I know that you have the info on the good places. Love to hear about your favorites also if you care to mention the places to stay away from at all costs that too might come in handy... Hate to miss any dives from some bad enchiladas!!!
We are staying at the Fiesta Americana and aren't on an AI if that matters in any way...

rje634:
Any recommendations of where to eat in Coz is appreciated. We are staying at the Fiesta Americana and aren't on an AI.

What price range. there are so many great places.
The "Divers Place" ELMoro
Prima
LaChoza
EL Foco=cheap taco's close to ProDive and Prima
LaMission
cheap breakfast and good coffee=Costa Brava
just off Plaza, Casa Denis (check out the pics inside of Jackie "O" and Castro)
Sonara Grill

GPdiver:
What price range. there are so many great places.

If the food is good the price is a secondary concern.
Thanks for the tips..

James Goddard:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t53090-.html
James thanks for the link...

rje634,

Several locals have recommended Las Palmas as a good place with good prices. We ate lunch there on day in July and it was very good. Matt Daines of Deep Blue recommended their Chicken Cordon Bleu and it was good. (not sure it was even listed on the menu, but they made it!)

Of course Guido's has always been a favorite of mine for dinner, but it can be pricey, especially if you add appetizers and desert.

Two of us had some "revenge" after eating at "El Abuelo de Gerardo" in June 2003 so I have not gone back there since. We liked the food, but the next day, something didn't like us. Not sure what the problem was, but have been avoiding it ever since.

My tendency is to eat lunch at the "economicas" and dinner at the more expensive places. Your dive shop workers and hotel workers or trusted locals can be good sources for good places for lunch. Ask them. After all, they live there, and they have to make sure that they get good value for what they spend on food. Of course, in general, the farther from the water, the lower the prices.

Enjoy!

Wristshot

Some of our favorites -
Great local taco place: El Serra located on Ave 30 not too far (and across the street) from Ace Hardware. The food is good and very inexpensive. Only open for dinner.

Great local seafood place:Santa Carlos on Ave. 50B between A.R. Salas and Calle 3. A few tables located in back of the kitchen/seafood market. Very friendly folks. Very fresh seafood.

Good locals lunch place: Sabores Loncheria located in a yellow house on Ave. 5 between Calles 3 & 5. They don't speak much English here but everyone is very friendly and everything on the menu is good. You'll have a choise of 5 entres. The meal comes with soup and an iced pitcher of jimaica (hibiscus flower tea.) All for a total of $40 pesos. Desserts are $10 pesos more.

Our favorite Mexican dinner place: La Choza, an open-air restaurant on Ave. A.R. Salas at the corner of Ave 10. Getting a little expensive but really good food. We also like Casa Dennis just off the square.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/cozumel_restaurants.html
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/cozumel_diving.html

Mezcalito's on the other side of the island. The food's okay, but the setting is unparallelled. Just don't go there in an rickety rental car during siesta. Don't ask me how I know this.

rje634:
Any recommendations of where to eat in Coz is appreciated.
Come on you die hard Cozoholics I know that you have the info on the good places. Love to hear about your favorites also if you care to mention the places to stay away from at all costs that too might come in handy... Hate to miss any dives from some bad enchiladas!!!
We are staying at the Fiesta Americana and aren't on an AI if that matters in any way...
Guidos...Dont forget to order the Sangria
Tony Romes...Chicken Parmegian (sp)
Casa Denis
Especias
Pepes
Papa Hogs for breakfast if you are close by
and many others...

French Quarter, Casa Dennis, Los Moro del Morritos, El Morro, and Concheta Del Caribe (spelling?) for seafood are my favorites. For tacos i love El Pique across the street from the San Francisco supermarket. My mouth is watering just talking about these places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom