Where is the line...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, where's the line in the ToS that says, "we'll delete anything we think might cause controversy somewhere, sometime"?

So, where's the line in the ToS that says, "we'll delete anything we think might cause controversy somewhere, sometime"?

Right here:

The Moderators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for interpreting the ToS. When they deem it in the best interest of ScubaBoard, they may edit or delete: avatars, pictures, signatures, posts and threads.

In Reply to your post [post=5390337]#5390337[/post]

Right here:

The Moderators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for interpreting the ToS. When they deem it in the best interest of ScubaBoard, they may edit or delete: avatars, pictures, signatures, posts and threads.

Exactly. But now the best interest of ScubaBoard is "well, we think that maybe something might happen somewhere."

Last edited:
In Reply to your post [post=5390337]#5390337[/post]

Exactly. But now the best interst of ScubaBoard is "well, we think that maybe something might happen somewhere."

There have not been any deletions in this thread. If you have a problem with a deleted post in another thread I suggest you try one or more of the following:

1) Send a PM to the person who made the deletion asking for clarification.
2) Start a thread in Feedback about the issue.
3) Send an email to appeals@scubaboard.com so that the decision can be reviewed.

There have not been any deletions in this thread. If you have a problem with a deleted post in another thread I suggest you try one or more of the following:

1) Send a PM to the person who made the deletion asking for clarification.
2) Start a thread in Feedback about the issue.
3) Send an email to appeals@scubaboard.com so that the decision can be reviewed.

Really? You mean the complaint in this thread won't be deleted like the one in the other thread? How quaint!

Really? You mean the complaint in this thread won't be deleted like the one in the other thread? How quaint!

If you wish to make a complaint, I've detailed the courses of action for you in my post above. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make it.

R-i-i-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.

Y'know, every other time I've had a post deleted, I could cheerfully say, "I can see that." I cannot say that any more.

To all appearances, the COAs are worthless.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I've moved this discussion to the Feedback area to discontinue the hijack from the previous thread.

So exactly what is the problem you're complaining about?

If you really have any interest, go check out the mini season 2010 thread. You can see the deleted posts . . . including the complaint thereof which was also immediatly deleted.

If you really have any interest, go check out the mini season 2010 thread. You can see the deleted posts . . . including the complaint thereof which was also immediatly deleted.

A controversial picture was removed. Discussion regarding the photo was removed because it's out of context without the photo. A Mod post was made making note of both of those things. Your first posts were deleted during part of that initial cleanup.

Your other post was deleted, because it asked why your post was deleted and you were fussing about not being PM'ed about it. The Mod notice was left addressing the reasons for the deletions. Since your questions was answered by the Mod Post and it was part of the deleted discussion, there was no reason to leave it by itself.

Mods are not required to PM a user when a post is deleted, however most Mods do it as a courtesy when dealing with individual users. In a case where there are multiple deletions being made, a Mod post in the thread is generally used instead. That is what happened in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom