where is the cheapest place to get the Nomad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't say anything about him needing to find a more appropriate place to ask the question.

What I did say was that the response given wasn't "mean" as you stated.

I also said that someone with no experience in something shouldn't be trying to correct those that are giving them the advice they asked for and that it's better to understand how the basics work before trying to do more.

I wonder how many people go to church for spiritual guidance and tell the preacher how to do the sermon?

I certainly won't disagree with the "trying to correct those that are giving them the advice", but it isn't necessary to say,

It's about as useful of a class as underwater basket weaving.

I certainly won't disagree with the "trying to correct those that are giving them the advice", but it isn't necessary to say,

Read the statements leading up to that and maybe you'll understand. Or not. That hasn't proven to work in the past.

C'est la vie.

I wonder how many people go to church for spiritual guidance and tell the preacher how to do the sermon?

Now that I like......I might have to rearrange my signature......meanie :D

If you went to church more often, you would be dismayed to hear how true that is! :rofl3:

Oh, and where might be the best place for such 'sidemount questions' from a noob? :popcorn:
Face to face, with a mentor, when you're ready. Private messages with known skilled sm divers..........not anonymous posters on scubaboard.

.......when you're ready........

Comfort in your equipment is a big part of this. Utilizing your drysuit as a source of redundant buoyancy should not be an issue for anybody once they feel prepared to take the step into more technical rigs IMO.

Ok look I'm SORRY im a NOOB ok

I'm just looking towards the future for me just trying to get ideas for me and that statement i made about that the drysuit isnt ment to be another bouyancy control i kNow i should be correcting people Because I'm a Noob I'm sorry i don't need 50 people jumping down my throat after a stupid statement like i made

Ok look I'm SORRY im a NOOB ok

I'm just looking towards the future for me just trying to get ideas for me and that statement i made about that the drysuit isnt ment to be another bouyancy control i kNow i should be correcting people Because I'm a Noob I'm sorry i don't need 50 people jumping down my throat after a stupid statement like i made

No one is jumping down your throat.

We are trying to explain the differences in things to you and we have a reasonable expectation that someone asking questions in this area of the board should be able to handle the responses. Getting ahead of yourself and your training before you're ready can get you killed and we want to make sure that is perfectly clear. There is a thread going right now about someone who appears to have done exactly that. Some people think that's mean. We think that's saving your life and keeping someone else from having to risk theirs to bail you out.

*The use of the term "you/your" etc. in the paragraph above is meant as a general statement and not to specifically implicate you personally.

Nobody is jumping down your throat. People ARE pointing out that you are asking questions and getting involved in areas of diving that are beyond where you are today. There is nothing wrong with being a "noob". Heck we all are in one way or another (or many ways :D). Asking questions is one thing but I suggest if you continue to ask them in the Advanced/Technical areas of ScubaBoard, that you learn to heed the advice given and not take things too personally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom