where is apo reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rhad, we did Apo island boat trip from Dumaguete, great diving!

bttmdwllr:
Gordon ! That sent me rolling! Seriously apo is quite a common word in the Filipino language. Don't forget Apo st and also our highest mountain Mt Apo...

Extended explanation for the Tourist:

Apo literally means " venerable old person" ... a wonderfully gender neuter Filipino word like the word "kapatid" (sibling). It's hardly used these days as the gender specific terms like Lolo (grandpa) or Lola (grandma) are more prevalent in everyday use.

However, I do remember the word "Apo" being used to refer to a relative who is older or more senior to a grandparent. As in: "Son, do you remember your Apo Isay, the mother of your Lola (grandma)????".

Hence when you hear of the place Apo Mountain, Apo Reef, Apo Island; the intent is to give an impression of something very old , resilient and timeless.

At the opposite end, the word "motel" in the Philippine language projects a negative connotation usually associated with sexual impropriety. Hence, the possibility something being called the "Apo Motel" would obviously be silly.

(I'm writing this because I feel we need to explain PPD jokes to the 54,000 other SB members)...:D :D

Twomixdiver:
(I'm writing this because I feel we need to explain PPD jokes to the 54,000 other SB members)...:D :D
Thanks, we appreciate it.:D

Twomixdiver:
Because it doesn't exist !!!!! I made it up to flush out the perverts in this forum.....:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

ha, you got me... I was just checking my credit card receipts...:eyebrow:

rhadamantus:
my english boyfriend informed me "sod off" might not be particularly a subtle way of reacting to your remarks. i apologized, larry. :D

but seriously, you are still 34???

no kidding.

My waistline isn't :sad:, but yes, I am 34 in your Earth years:14:

wow, that is really quite some piece of news, larry.

you look older than that. *giggles*

thepurplehammerhead:
My waistline isn't :sad:, but yes, I am 34 in your Earth years:14:

Back
Top Bottom