Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Orr is a friend of ours and when in Holland years ago he took this picture for us. We also supply the Dutch Navy divers. The bigger guy is using Force fins. Have a order as we speak with our Dutch distributor. Like I said before Force Fin is cherish over Seas. Thank you Dan Orr. MILITARY – Force Fin

Attachments

• hollard001.jpg-fw.jpg
    hollard001.jpg-fw.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 105
My 1st introduction to Force Fin was an ad in "HDS Magazine" around 2000. I was so impressed I immediately gave a look a the homepage. It raised lots of questions, but got my hooked somehow : there was something and the matter needed further inquiry, I wanted to test them. Sole problem : living 4h away for the closest LDS and only one shop in Paris was selling them.

Time passed, moved several times, kept building my diving skill and met around 2002 a German diving instructor in Cyprus who was diving Force Fins Pro and wouldn't dive anything else. Couldn't try them though : wrong size. Curses, failed again !

Then 2 years ago, I got a pair of XXL Force Fin Pro second hand, on a diving forum (as there was no longer any dealer in France, I had almost given up). Tried them in the pool, and was perplexed : something was right. I ask some questions here, and some users and Bob himself gave me some advice. After 2 dives I was convinced, you just need to forget whatever you've ever learnt about using fins.

Those are my favourite fins now, except when diving dry : need a pair of XXXL for that. I dive the Med, the Atlantic, from shallow to deep water in the open ocean, OC or CCR, and about once a year (when no covid's around) abroad : tropical or not. I got some questions, some doubtful look, a tease from time to time, but once underwater even loudmouthes tend to stay shut, so I couldn't careless.

Just know only 2 other Frenchies diving Force Fin, but like me, they wouldn't give them up for all the gold in the kingdom !

My 1st introduction to Force Fin was an ad in "HDS Magazine" around 2000. I was so impressed I immediately gave a look a the homepage. It raised lots of questions, but got my hooked somehow : there was something and the matter needed further inquiry, I wanted to test them. Sole problem : living 4h away for the closest LDS and only one shop in Paris was selling them.

Time passed, moved several times, kept building my diving skill and met around 2002 a German diving instructor in Cyprus who was diving Force Fins Pro and wouldn't dive anything else. Couldn't try them though : wrong size. Curses, failed again !

Then 2 years ago, I got a pair of XXL Force Fin Pro second hand, on a diving forum (as there was no longer any dealer in France, I had almost given up). Tried them in the pool, and was perplexed : something was right. I ask some questions here, and some users and Bob himself gave me some advice. After 2 dives I was convinced, you just need to forget whatever you've ever learnt about using fins.

Those are my favourite fins now, except when diving dry : need a pair of XXXL for that. I dive the Med, the Atlantic, from shallow to deep water in the open ocean, OC or CCR, and about once a year (when no covid's around) abroad : tropical or not. I got some questions, some doubtful look, a tease from time to time, but once underwater even loudmouthes tend to stay shut, so I couldn't careless.

Just know only 2 other Frenchies diving Force Fin, but like me, they wouldn't give them up for all the gold in the kingdom !
JMBL< well I have some Frenchie in me I quess. Born in Paris, France 1950. Our parents were living in their Montmarte studio. Our Father Gordon B. Evans was attending Academie Grande Chaumiere on the G.I. Bill and our Mother Betty was learning French cooking as a food writer. Here I am with the studio. I love France as my birth spot. Thank you for sharing a great story. Putting our Mother cook books on line.Chess Evans Gallery – Art / Writing / Photography / Food / Fashion / Shelter / Design

Attachments

• 043a.jpg-fw.jpg
    043a.jpg-fw.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 111
Reviewing all the press we have seen in the last 40 years. Not much lately, due to our focus on our Deep Ocean Desal Project. CHESS+EVANS LLC

Attachments

• malta001-fw.png
    malta001-fw.png
    952.7 KB · Views: 65
  • malta002-fw.png
    malta002-fw.png
    956.4 KB · Views: 80
A four page spread in Dive Chronicles. Brad Nolan is a big Force Fin fan and sold many pairs in his store, Barracuda Brad's. #forcefinnersunite

Attachments

• forcefin001-fw.png
    forcefin001-fw.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • forcefin002-fw.png
    forcefin002-fw.png
    985.3 KB · Views: 76
  • forcefin003-fw.png
    forcefin003-fw.png
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • forcefin004-fw.png
    forcefin004-fw.png
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 64
"Where have they been spotted?"

Marin County Flea Market, minus a strap, some years back.

Bought cheap-o ballasts for a full face mask, from that seller, instead, which were holding down his stacks of 1960-70s Playboy and Skin Diver.

Don't care for them (oh, the fins, that is) . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom