Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had to chuckle when I saw the picture because on a dive a few weeks ago, I held my feet out like that to get a photo (obviously not as nice as the one you just linked!) and Mait, my dive buddy asked, "What in the world are you doing?" "Getting a photo to put on Scubaboard!" :D

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:00 PM ----------

This was taken just after I finished photographing a nice moray.

Attachments

• Mike in Coronado Islands Mexico Sept 2012.jpg
    Mike in Coronado Islands Mexico Sept 2012.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Mike in Coronado Islands Mexico Sept 2012 closeup.jpg
    Mike in Coronado Islands Mexico Sept 2012 closeup.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 144
My last Diving Trip In 2012 - The Komodo Island
KomodoIsland1_zpsd22aa1df.jpg

KomodoIsland_zps68ebb3c8.jpg

Komodo Island is located east of Bali, Indonesia and it was one of the best diving site you can find in this region. This hot and dry land is the home of the largest lizard monitor in the world, The Komodo Dragon. Komodo Island is also one of 7 places in the world where you can find Pink sand. The sand appears pink because it is a mixture of white sand and red sand, formed from pieces of Foraminifera.

KomodoDragon_zps53291b25.jpg

Having travel all around Indonesia, I find Komodo Island’s dive site topography is interesting and magnificent at the same time. It was full of underwater pinnacles and passages, which is rarely found in other dive sites in Indonesia.

Passage_zps52748e3d.jpg

Visibility is around 25-35m (82-115ft) most of the time, and if you came at the right time, you can experience 4-5 knots of current in some of the site. Turtles, Mantas, Rays, Sharks, Napoleons, Bumpheads, Tuna, GTs are a normal sighting around the island, which makes Komodo Island a popular destination for pelagic lovers.

Shotgun_zps5f887da6.jpg

Due to the nature of the sites (strong currents), I packed my Hockey Force Fin with me. For me, The Hockey is the perfect fin for strong current environment. It helps me move effortlessly without having to kick very hard. The huge power stored in the snap is more than enough to propel my body forward in currents.

HockeyFF_zps0a6adbbe.jpg

HockeyFF1_zps3bd01587.jpg

Here is the video made by my buddy Raditya Kosasih during the trip featuring my Hockey Force Fins and me in min 2:40 – 2:50. Enjoy the video.

http://youtu.be/JJ9LMV5qOB8?hd=1

(sorry i couldn't embed Youtube video for some reason, so i post the link instead)

Sam

Last edited:
Don't know about the others, but I always prefer Bungees than Spring straps, its easier to don the fins with them, (at least for me)..

Well this photo sums it all up, we will be making a official announcement later in the week. Facebook

Well this photo sums it all up, we will be making a official announcement later in the week. Facebook
Bob, the Facebook page has an awfully ominous sound to it... I hope this does not mean you are planning to suspend/terminate Force fins permanently.... Maybe this could just be a production "vacation"...

BlueWaterYellowFins.jpg Blue water research diving in Neon Yellow Pro Force Fins. Dr. Alexander Gagnon, Assistant Professor, University of Washington Oceanographic Institute. visiting researcher at the USC Marine Lab, Catalina Island Isthmus.

In the National Geographic video Strange Days on Planet Earth (Dirty Secrets episode), fisherman/photographer Mike Laptew snorkeled off a rocky cove wearing Excellerating Force Fins. His website has an image of some fins with blades about 3.5 times longer than the enclosed foot pocket, but he has used more practical fins than those.

In the big wave surfing contest video Billabong Odyssey, Shawn "Barney" Barron trotted up the beach after a PWC rescue practice in Oregon surf with a pair off FFs clipped to a band around his waist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom