Where do you want to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KazInAz:
Next trip is California in June and Tulum of course is scheduled for last October.
I'd like to return to Bonaire...next year maybe...also trying to plan a trip in 09 to Australia. Was hoping for a Oriskany trip this summer/fall....
Too many places....too little time....too little money....

Art's list is much bigger than your's, and different locations, don't plan on going together or haven't you told him where he's going yet:D

In the next couple months, Calfifornia, Akumal, an AZ cave.

Hell, I'd take anything other than my bathtub. My next vacation is Disneyland next week. Little kids kind of make it difficult to do the fun stuff. However, I think I have some people convinced that we need to build something in Playa de Carmen, so maybe I'll get to go to Cancun and maybe wander down Akumal way later this summer after we finish a closing in Mazatlan.

AZTEK DIVER:
an AZ cave.

Yes, do tell...

BTW, my SM harness is ready for its test run next week.

Dive-aholic:
Yes, do tell...

BTW, my SM harness is ready for its test run next week.

What SM harness are you using, I've got the armadillo, great with drysuit but a little light on lift for wet.

My exact thoughts with the armadillo. I was considering the Nomad because of the better lift. For now, I've just assembled my own rig. I'm sure I'll have to make a few dives in it to get things tweaked right before I'm ready to take it in a cave. But I plan on diving it a lot over the next couple of months. Patrick Duffy has a prototype Oxycheq rig that I'm going to try in August. Hopefully it will prove to be as good as his other work and I'll end up getting one of those.

Not sure what thermal protection your planing on using at PS, but so far all ground water associated with a mountain range that we've done has been 55-57 degrees.
I also found out the hard way that gloves with fingers in them suck big time when dealing with line, cold fingers are better than NO feeling.

I figured the temp would be cold. I'm planning on bringing my trilam, easier to carry out wet. I've got some gloves with the fingers cut off that I'll use. That temp range is a little too cold for me to go with no gloves at all.

Any of the mountain dives you've done been easier to access than PS?

Dive-aholic:
I figured the temp would be cold. I'm planning on bringing my trilam, easier to carry out wet. I've got some gloves with the fingers cut off that I'll use. That temp range is a little too cold for me to go with no gloves at all.

Any of the mountain dives you've done been easier to access than PS?

Cut off gloves is what we use, after the initial burning it's ok to deal with.
We've got one that's easier than PS, but not much. We are able to get all our gear (doubles, stages, safety O2, lights, and other support equipment into the water in about 3 hours, exit time is the same. Minimum bottom depth is 80' and most of what we have line in is at 160', this is at 5000' elev. We're going to finish laying line at the 80' level, then let all the AZ certed cave divers know where and how.

Back
Top Bottom