Where do you store your tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am forced to keep two tanks in the trunk of my car year round - AL 80 and Steel 130. No problems with either one so I'm guessing a garage should work even better.

We have a little "corral" in the garage next to the compressors. I keep all the tanks there.

right now it's stored my kitchen waiting to get wet. Other wise its in a temp controlled storage unit.

Garage unheated
Steel and Aluminum tanks
North Side of Chicago never had a problem with them
BUT I have built a harness for them to keep them upright and secure to the wall, It is really dangerous to keep them loose-just like any cylinder.
Robb

electricbear60625:
BUT I have built a harness for them to keep them upright and secure to the wall, It is really dangerous to keep them loose-just like any cylinder.
That must be a Chicago thing since I have something like that for my AL40 and argon bottle. The bigger ones can stand on their own.

And after I clear a space in the garage for the tanks, I put a lawn chair there to reserve the spot. :wink:

I never thought the cold would be a problem, but some guy told me (who can argue with a source like that?) that if I used my steel tank the day after a freezing cold night (I keep it out in a shed), I could have a problem with regulator freeze-up. I didn't argue the point at the time, but it doesn't sound right to me. I mean, what about Arctic divers; they don't keep their tanks warm, do they?

I'd think that, if cold were to have any effect at all, it would be to freeze the valve and o-rings, and that would only happen at a super cold temperature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom