Where do you live?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We recently put a Frapper interactive map online for the NC Divers club, and I've enjoyed it so much that I took the liberty of setting up one for SB. Just log onto the site and list your location, and it will customize a Google map for the group, with pins and photos at each person's location.

Scubaboard members in Europe already have their own map, but I wanted to see where people were worldwide.

Check it out:

http://www.frappr.com/scubaboardinternational

NOTE: if any of our MODs or Admins need the PW for the map, just PM me and I'll be glad to provide it. Right now, I'm set up as admin for the map, but I'll be glad to share that account with any of the SB admin staff.

If you decide that this is something you'd like to promote, I might suggest making this post a sticky. That's what we've done on NC Divers, and it seems to be working pretty well. Just a suggestion.

Enjoy!
-Grier

Nice thread/post GrierHPharmD, there was a similiar post to this though in the non diving related forum.
Anyway added myself to the site :).

Thanks for pointing out the redundancy, Kim. I'd like to suggest that the 11 members who added themselves to my map join the original map. I'll take mine down to avoid confusion.

I love seeing where everybody lives. It serves as a great reminder of just how international Scubaboard is...

yea, i started it up a while ago... it's a great idea to see where ppl live!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom