Where do people go for parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People often question my disdain for Poseidon and Hollis units.
It isn't an issue of the unit, the Prism2 is a perfectly reliable unit that will do what you need.
But, if you buy dive a shop unit, you will deal with a dive shop. That isn't always ideal for me.

Maybe I misunderstood your answer but what parts for the poseidon can't you order by yourself straight from poseidon?

Maybe I misunderstood your answer but what parts for the poseidon can't you order by yourself straight from poseidon?
In the US, none.

I know a good mechanist, he can turn out whatever part I need in delerin, brass or aluminium.
And a btw, in the EU you can get parts for a Poseidon only if they were stolen from the factory I have no idea what they are doing with their customer support.

I know a good mechanist, he can turn out whatever part I need in delerin, brass or aluminium.
And a btw, in the EU you can get parts for a Poseidon only if they were stolen from the factory I have no idea what they are doing with their customer support.
I'll have to talk to you about this. I should buy two, one to send to you to send to the mechanic you know.

In the US, none.
Wow, any idea why it's like that? Can't you order via the European webshop?
Or you could just order them from their webshop like everybody else...
I know sometimes they have trouble with their suppliers but then they will let you know that the part is out of stock.

Wow, any idea why it's like that? Can't you order via the European webshop?

Or you could just order them from their webshop like everybody else...
I know sometimes they have trouble with their suppliers but then they will let you know that the part is out of stock.
They won't ship to US, there is a distributorship. You could have somebody buy it for you and ship it, but you could also just buy a unit that supports the diver. There are other things I don't care for on the poseidon CCR, but that is one example.

So this is my first foray into parts for a rebreather, so bear with me. In my pre-CC life, before I discovered online retailers like DGX, getting things through my LDS was a pain. Never could I have things shipped directly to my house, but I had to go to the shop. And yes, this is a big deal living in Seattle. DGX has been awesome for my OC needs.

I am well aware that I can get a distributor to order for me, and if they are not local, they will ship to my house. However there is the aspect of time. Now I have no past experience with getting parts from Hollis, so they may be super expedient. Possibly not.

I asked this question to get a general idea about options. And I'm quite happy I did ask despite the disapproval of some folks, as @Vicko chimed in with a possibility of replacing a plastic part with a metal one. It may not pan out in the end, but it something I will pursue in the background. It will certainly not be expedient, but it will be robust if it works.

Back
Top Bottom