Where do people go for parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hope I'm using the right terminology here, but the connection for the ADV housing at the inhalation T-Piece has gotten worn out on my Prism 2. It was always a problem when I got it (used), just gradually weakening over time. I've always hand tightened if anyone is wondering.

So where do people get parts for minor stuff like this? Particularly Prism2 divers.

1654368088552.png

Can you buy from the manufacturer? I just email my ccr manufacturer or my ccr instructor for parts.

Can you buy from the manufacturer? I just email my ccr manufacturer or my ccr instructor for parts.
Sure, I was just looking at if there were good online sources. I did get in contact with a dealer via the Hollis Prism 2 FB page and we'll chat Monday. I was just looking for different options that were more expedient as I want to get into the water ASAP.

Seriously, WTF? At any moment I expect a recipe for damn butternut pancakes from this guy.
I didn't see his comment until I received an email notification with your post..i learned long ago to add him on my ignite list. There's just no point.

Divers venturing into CCRs should understand the complexities of training and service requirements.
I can promise you that the OP does. The issue is with all Huish products, you can't just call them up and get parts. You have to go through dealers, the dealers have to be Prism 2 dealers not just any random Huish dealer and even then most of the dealers will probably tell you that they can't/won't sell you the parts you need and that you have to bring it in for service. Most other rebreather manufacturers are not like that, but it's a thing with that unit in particular.

People often question my disdain for Poseidon and Hollis units.
It isn't an issue of the unit, the Prism2 is a perfectly reliable unit that will do what you need.
But, if you buy dive a shop unit, you will deal with a dive shop. That isn't always ideal for me.

Back
Top Bottom