Where did your Scouts/Venturers dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy Scout Troop/Venturing Crew 188 had two adults and two youth go diving at Haigh Quarry today. Got in two dives. Wonderful day, great weather and everyone had a good time. :D ​

Last edited:
The third annual Scuba Jam Virginia was held Memorial Day weekend. 99 divers this year.
Check out the pics on FB.

Mike
National Capital Area Council

This year we had a scout (and his mom) drive from Ohio for the event.

Boy Scout Troop 188 did a DSD March 23 at Loves Park SCUBA. We had six youth and four adults. Two of the adults are already Certified Divers, just went along to get wet. Everyone had a great time. I hope we get a couple of these guys excited enough to get their Open Water Cert. :D

Did your DSD guys get their Scuba BSA award signed off as part of the activity?

Troop 188 had two scouts, two siblings and three adults go diving on Septmenber 13 at Haigh Quarry near Kanakee IL. The group got two dives in and had a great time practicing their skills. A shout out to Tina Haigh for having such a top notch facility for us to go to and to John and Kim Zalewski of Got AIr SCUBA in Elk Grove village for suppling equipment and Divemaster support.
We are currently exploring a trip to Sea Base in Florida for a Sail/SCUBA live aboard trip. :D

Back when I was in Venturing crew 1940 Abington MA a local dive shop "Diver's Market" hosted an event where scouts could try scuba gear in a pool. I was the only one there other than the instructors who was a diver already and had a great time. I wish there were more events like this.

Well, it's March in Chicago so not a lot of diving happening here. That does not mean we aren't thinking about it! Our Troop currently has three SCUBA outings planned over the summer. We have an OW Certification outing scheduled for July with three youth and one adult going, a Sea Base SCUBA Trek in August and a day at Haigh Quarry near Kankakee IL. We are also thinking about a charter on Lake Michigan, possibly in June or July for the currently certified scouts and scouters. I have also done three SCUBA Merit Badges over the last few months. Summer can't get here fast enough! I will keep you posted as we complete our adventures. I hope to hear from all of you as well.

Several folks from ScubaJam VA went on a Blackbeard's trip the week before Easter.
We were all Scouting friends but it wasn't a scouting trip. The winner of the Blackbeards trip from ScubaJam 2015 decided to go that week so a bunch of us joined her.
ScubaJam is being planned again for Labor Day weekend this year. It would well be worth the travelling for all the activities that are planned and the swag that you end up with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom