Where did your Scouts/Venturers dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJackson60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would like to start a thread like the one in Basic Scuba questions where people post where they went diving today. I would like to limit it to Scout Groups. I think it would be interesting to see how many Troops and Crews are active in this sport. Please post type of unit, unit number and number of youth and the number of adults who participated. Also include the location of the dive and any other comments you would like to make. I will start with our latest dives.

Troop/Crew 188
4 youth
2 Adults
Haigh Quarry, Kankakee IL.

Great day of diving. Practiced basic skills and reacquainted ourselves with diving after the winter break. :cool3:

July 28,2010
Crew 188. Went diving on the Dredge 906 and the Lumberman in Lake Michigan. Two youth, One adult. One adult stayed on the boat.

August 27-29
Crew 188. Had two members of the Crew and one member from the Troop get their Open Water Certification.

Anyone else diving?

There were about 50 Scouts/Venturers at the inaugural Scuba Jam 2010 held Labor Day weekend at Lake Rawlings, VA. A fun time was had by all. The organizers plan to make it an annual event for Labor Day weekend at Lake Rawlings. The activities were specifically oriented for scouts.

The website is Home
PSUMike was on the organizing committee and was on staff. He can probably give you more details.
One of the ideas was that Lake Rawlings (a favorite local dive site) is not very crowded during Labor Day weekend so that was designated as the time for the event.

WOW! That looks like it was an awesome weekend! Thanks for the video link, I will be sending it around to the members of my Crew and Troop. I would definitely like to get something like that started around here.

We're Crew 512 from Woodland, CA. We currently have 10 active youth (5 male, 5 female, 3 dogs - we're co-species)
We haven't gone diving yet, but the crew is taking OW lessons in April and our OW dives in May at Monterey, CA So far we have 6 youth who have the books and have paid. One adult (myself) is taking Divemaster to support the group.

Our planned super adventure is to go to San Diego and dive La Jolla Cove and Shores in August.

Any suggestions? Thanks for starting this thread

Back
Top Bottom