Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just finished diving 8 of the last 10 days, 18 dives, in Boynton Beach, all solo. Three great dives on the Castor with Goliath Grouper, bait fish and hunters. On 2 separate drifts on the outside reef, across from Black Condo, had a very friendly Goliath Grouper join me for the entire hour dive.

Humber Bay, Toronto, Lake Ontario. 36ft, water temperature 35F. Viz about 20 ft, the wind was from the SW so kicking up some particulates.

The topography has changed a bit since the last time I dove here, storms have brought sand into the little cove and made it less of a rubble pile and more of a sand slope. The little wreck is getting a bit battered too.

I dive here only in the winter when it's usually guaranteed to be open water. Checking my logbooks for the last two years there was shore ice here in January, it's been too mild for that this year. 37 freezing minutes, air temp -3C.

"snorkeling reefs"--Pensacola Beach, FL.

Had a great 75 minute dive at Brixham, Dorset, England. on Friday

24835991755_6800e26713_c.jpg

Nice 10oC, Warmer in the water than out. Vis 3m(ish) Plenty of life, Dogfish eggs, Crabs, Lobsters and some big ballen wrasse. My first sea dive of the year!

Definitely not warm looking but a beautiful dive site.

30-40ft viz, jealous! :) Viz has been crap here lately though it was 6m yesterday! Also of the turtles, we don't have them locally and I loved seeing them when I went on a dive trip up north :)

I got out for two solo dives yesterday. One buddy had the flu and the other one was doing rescue so I figured I'd take the opportunity for some dives alone. Did two shore dives, only 4-6m overall, 75mins each. I figured it was a nice sunny day and I would overheat too much on the surface in my drysuit so I took my wetsuit. Water was 15C though, colder than I expected, was fine for those two dives (though I kept them short) but I was a bit tired/cold for a third night dive which I had planned. Went to the dive shop and had a drink with some friends afterwards instead. I found the usual critters including a 2m stingray that was feeding, a nudi I had never seen before and lots of seahorses :)

I attached some pics I took. Strange nudi, a baby Giant Cuttlefish, a female Shaw's Cowfish and a Pot Belly Seahorse.

Is that snow ?????

Lake Pleasant, Arizona - 2/7/16. Only one dive because it was super windy and there was a nice 2-3 ft chop to the water in what is a normally calm, flat part of the lake. The water levels are up so the visibility was good for the lake, about 20 feet or so. Of course with higher lake levels come colder temps...51 degrees at 60 ft. Given that I forgot to zip up my undergarment (first time with new dry gloves, oops), my core was pretty chilled after 30 mins, so I called it at that point. Not much to see, although I did get to test out the Z-Gear extended BCD GoPro mount for the Z-Gear guys. I'll provide my review in the GoPro section in the next few days.

In Vinkeveen Island 4, province of Utrecht, the Netherlands. It's a very big lake.

The weather was pretty awful: rainy, high wind (force 7, Beaufort scale)), and somewhat cold (9 grades Celsius). The water temperature at maximum depth (12 metres) even colder (6 grades Celsius). I saw a big pike, three or four perches, and two other divers.

Viz.: 6-7 metres.

Dive time: 37 minutes.

RMV: 17 l/m.

Last edited:
Pensacola Bay, FL. Air and water temp. both 53F.

Back
Top Bottom