Where did you first hear about DIR?

Where did you first hear about DIR?

• From a buddy.

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • On the internet.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • My LDS or another shop.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Saw someone's configuration and asked them.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Read about it, magazine/book.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Scubaboard!

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wch

Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering how everyone first heard about DIR. I first read about it on this board.

Uh-oh, had to post again. Funny that a DIR post should give me "that number".

I also first heard abpout DIR on this Board.
Ben-are you trying to "stir the pot"??:)

Good luck,
Mike

Same for me, had to ask what it meant to... I thought it meant Diving In Redundancy, haha.

I started diving with this guy a few months ago in our local quarry. His style of kicking was totally different from anything I'd seen out on the reefs. And then during the 15ft safety stop after hovering montionlessly for a pretty long time he started taking off his mask, turning around in circles like a helicopter, switching between regs, turning off his valves. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do so I just stared at him, wondering if I needed to be ready to pull my reg out of my mouth and give it to him. During the surface interval he started talking about this class he and an instructor had taken in Florida.... After 20 some odd dives of watching and trying to emulate his form and trying out a bp/wings, I now have read every post I can find, have new gear ordered, have just read the DIRF book, and have paid a deposit for the class.....

Becki,
Good move, you won't regret taking the class..

Need I say more?
Ken

Yep - learned about it first here. Never knew what a bp/wings were before Lost Yooper showed me his setup and took the time to explain some of the DIR philosophy to me. The DIR population need more people like Yoop and Uncle Pug who will take the time to converse in a civil manner with newbies or strokes like myself.

This board really is an invaluable learning resource.......

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom