Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two more dives...

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
429|Bergse Diepsluis|91 Minutes|10M/33Ft|22C/72F
430|Vuilnisbelt|56 Minutes|13M/43Ft|22C/72F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

went out with the American Dream 2 today and did two dives

1. Ken Vitale wreck. 71ft 40min
2. Oakland Ledges 27ft 49min

MT6 - a really big barge. Today was the best vis we've ever had on it ... upwards of 40 feet! Scootered the perimeter twice.

Max depth - 192 fsw
Total run time - 76 minutes

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great 3 dive day at Tobermory:

Arabia 110 ft, 24 min, 40F
San Jacinto, 82 ft, 24 min, 42F photos Diver's Den
City of Cleveland, 30 ft, 25 min, 48F photos Diver's Den

The San Jacinto and City of Cleveland are not frequently dived since they are almost up by Manitoulin Island, and are an all-day boat ride from Tobermory. The San Jacinto has lots of details, deadeyes, hearteyes, hanging knee braces for the deck, winches, crowsnest. The City of Cleveland was the biggest sailing-converted-to-steam ship on the Great Lakes at 255 ft. There is so much detail spread out over the bottom in shallow water. Most striking is the huge engine and boilers, but there are barrels, china, bitts, the propeller, and of course the cargo, iron ore everywhere. Bonus was the Arabia dive on the way up. A really great day of diving.

No dives this weekend for me, as gear is in the shop for yearly maintenance. So instead I took a buddy of mine out snorkeling to get him used to his mask, snorkel, fins, and wetsuit before his class starts on Tuesday. Had a decent time, as current was running decent along the shore. Swim down a ways, then drift back on the surface. Had fun skin diving for shells for the wife. Hell of a time trying to get down in 7 feet of water in a 6.5mm semi-dry though.

No dives last weekend for me either. My gum is still healing. Instead of going down I went up to about 6,800 FtA

TentMGoat.jpg

where I got eaten alive by ferocious mosquitoes!

TentMosquito.jpg

...it was worth it, though!

GlacierP.jpg

I did four dives today.

The second dive I joined five friends for a scooter dive ... same site, just deeper. Just prior to going in I heard a commotion on the fishing pier ... where a fisherman had just hooked a six-foot long humboldt squid ...

HumboldtIMG_3515.jpg

Prior to today, I had no idea those things were in Puget Sound.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uauh! I thought that those guys live in really deep water, something that you could not just catch from a pier! I guess that fisherman has a supply of seafood that will last for a year now! or did he/she 'donate' the catch to a marine biologist?

Cheers

oh,..Is it already 22°c... Than i should starting to dive again in litle Belgium :)
Really hate the cold waters.

Today was El Zee's 200th dive.

I had hoped to come up with a remarkable dive but life got in the way. :depressed: Little did I know that the dive would be even more remarkable than planned... :shocked:

To make it a nice long dive, she dove with a wetsuit again.

• Complication #1
    Only one tank (hers) was discovered to be filled while en route to the dive site. 30 Minutes delay locating the nearest LDS to get it filled. :banghead:
  • Complication #2
    Weight pockets had not been packed. No problem, just place some lead in strategical places in her wetsuit. :crafty:
  • Complication #3
    The water was too warm to wear the Fourth Element Xerotherm Arctic undergarments. OK, I'll just use the drybase underwear. Hmm, that leaves me without a place to store my car key. No problem, just put it in the canister. This actually turned out to be a good idea due to...
  • Complication #4
    My drysuit flooded. This makes a very long dive (100+ minutes) seem even longer...
  • Complication #5
    El Zee's canister light failed to work (battery was fine, the bulb seems to be the problem).

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
428|Bergse Diepsluis|111 Minutes|13M/43Ft|22C/72F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

It sounds like my last dives. First I forgot to pack my regulator, then both of my dive lights!!!:shakehead:

Like in your case I was still able to dive even if in theory we are supposed to dive with two lights (I borrowed my buddy's and it was a day dive).

Congratulations for the 200!

Back
Top Bottom