Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Yesterday) I dove at The Dive Stop's Treasure Hunt (cure cancer charity event), dove with gbray from here on this board, my wife and a couple of recently certified divers.

Everybody got a token and won a prize of some sort... my wife and I got pretty lucky as I will post in another thread.

As many times as gbray and I have been either gearing up or surface intervaling together, this was the first time we ever splashed together.

We dove Vortex yesterday morning. We got there at 8 AM right as they were opening. We got three dives in and had the spring to ourselves for our first and last dives. There was a class and a few other divers during our second dive.

The visibilty was very good, especially during our first dive of the day. You could see all the way across the spring basin. When we were standing on the dock about to head down the stairs into the water, the training platform just off the dock at 21' looked like it was inches below the surface.

These were my first dives after getting certified and they went very well!

My highest dive yet, at an altitude of 2300m, Lago del Naret in Switzerland:
46°28'38''N 8°34'07'' E

4°C, 24 min.

Around this were a number of river dives in the Verzasca and Maggia valley. Fantastic, 30m viz everywhere!
I know!

My first dive on a brand new reef at a local state park ... it was only put there a few months ago. I didn't think there was much to see yet until my dive buddy spotted an octopus sleeping on a boulder. My strobes woke the poor thing up ...

IMG_4746.jpg

Then a ling cod came by to see what all the excitement was about ...

IMG_4735.jpg

Finally, back in the shallows, we found hooded nudibranchs breeding in the eel grass ...

IMG_4758.jpg

A lovely dive ... max depth 83 fsw. Total dive time 68 minutes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Pearl Lake, South Beloit Illinois. I took some newly certified guys there to get some additional experience. Great day to dive. Water about 65 deg. f. Air temp about 50 deg. f. Viz was in the 30' range. It was snowing when we got there but the sun came out after awhile.:coffee:

San Diego on Sunday.
The vis on the Yukon was the best I've ever seen 40'-50'!
The second dive on the Ruby E was good but not as nice as the Yukon, may 30'-40'.
My lovely bride snapped this cute little bugger.

DSC09965.JPG

My first dive on a brand new reef at a local state park ... it was only put there a few months ago. I didn't think there was much to see yet until my dive buddy spotted an octopus sleeping on a boulder. My strobes woke the poor thing up ...

IMG_4746.jpg

Then a ling cod came by to see what all the excitement was about ...

IMG_4735.jpg

Finally, back in the shallows, we found hooded nudibranchs breeding in the eel grass ...

IMG_4758.jpg

A lovely dive ... max depth 83 fsw. Total dive time 68 minutes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great pictures!

You really never know what to expect when you go underwater! When I dived this site months ago I did not get as lucky as you, but I could see that life had began to colonize the brand new artificial reef almost 'out of nothing'!

Dutch Springs, Bethlehem, PA

Dive one:

Maximum Depth: 81ft.
Duration: 47 minutes
Coldest Temp: 54ºf

Dive two:

Maximum Depth: 63 ft.
Duration: 49 minutes
Coldest Temp: 56ºf

Next stop Marathon Florida! (woo hoo!)

Harbor Reef, Bird Rock, then Rock Quarry on Catalina yesterday.
Here is a shy Horn Shark
hornshark.JPG

A Lingcod
lingcod1.JPG

An Urchin
urchin6.JPG

A Sheephead that found my spear
sheephead3.JPG

My days harvest
catch2.JPG

showfull.php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/