Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Sheephead that found my spear
sheephead3.JPG

... who said that spearfishing and underwater photography don't go well together ... :rofl3:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I had the opportunity to dive off of Barnegat Light recently. Although the visibility was 10 feet, the water was a comfortable 57 degrees. For my first NJ dive it was a lot of fun. The crew of the Dina Dee II were great!

Well, it wasn't today, but two weeks ago we dove Himalaya Bay, Sonora, Mexico again. Now that I've received proper permission to use the music, I've posted a video.

Between a bit of silt from the recent hurricane that struck the San Carlos/Guaymas area, and overcast conditions, lighting wasn't great. In some ways, though, I think having some videos that show things as we saw them on a dive is good. If new divers start out expecting the vibrant colors from professional videography, with the great external lights, they might be disappointed when the view isn't so sharp for the naked eye.

Well, it wasn't today, but two weeks ago we dove Himalaya Bay, Sonora, Mexico again. Now that I've received proper permission to use the music, I've posted a video.

Between a bit of silt from the recent hurricane that struck the San Carlos/Guaymas area, and overcast conditions, lighting wasn't great. In some ways, though, I think having some videos that show things as we saw them on a dive is good. If new divers start out expecting the vibrant colors from professional videography, with the great external lights, they might be disappointed when the view isn't so sharp for the naked eye.

About 1:45 in....that is amazing. I would love to see that for myself. I will nto ruin the surprise for others though :D.

About 1:45 in....that is amazing. I would love to see that for myself. I will nto ruin the surprise for others though :D.

If you ever get down this way, there are a number of dive shops that organize nice excursions to the Sea of Cortez. While not as nice as many of the truly tropical dive venues, it did surprise me when I learned just how diverse the marine life is along the Sonoran coast, and what wonderful diving was available within a half-day's drive from Southern Arizona.

We're thinking our next trip to Mexico might be one of the actual San Carlos trips, where we get to stay in a nice hotel room, rather than camping on the beach.

If you're on Facebook, one of the co-owners of the LDS created a Himalaya Bay group. It's set to "Public", so I don't think you need to join the group to check out the photos. There are a lot of much nicer ones than I'm able to take with my current camera and experience.

My next dive will be in Thailand :D

If money were no object, I think I'd choose Thailand over Mexico as well. Then again, our next dives will be Fiji in February (the trip will be all paid for by Dec. 12th! w00t!).

We've decided our holiday gifts this year will be our AOW courses, and we'll do the AOW dives while in Fiji.

Well, no fancy pic's, but i went diving in the cave system at Manatee Springs State Park in FL fun lil dive, went upsteam maybe 300 feet then turned around and floated back through catfish and down to the headspring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom