Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove this morning with my brother at Alexander Springs out in the Ocala National Forest. Very easy dive, only 25ft, but a bunch of wildlife. Quite a few decent size largemouth bass, turtles, sunfish, etc.

Did my weekly Wednesday night dive at Bainbridge, PA

Deepest depth: 87ffw

Duration; 47 minutes

coldest temp: 42 degrees f

Dove 'Grotviks Harbour' yesterday...Best vis during the dive was 2m's...It was like diving in a cup of tea.

South Quarry of Twin Quarries, Circleville, OH.
Max depth: 24 ft.
Duration: 45 minutes
Water temperature: 78 deg.
Visibility: 5-8 ft.

This was my first visit to the quarry and, due to the people I was supposed to dive with not showing up (I think the weather scared 'em off), I ended up diving solo, as usual. The staff at Todd's Scuba at Twin Quarries were great, as were the other divers I encountered. The low visibility added a bit of mystery as I explored the bottom, making me wonder what I would encounter next. The fish were exceedingly friendly, bordering on obnoxious as they waited for a handout.

If you live within a reasonable distance of Twin Quarries (125 mi. for me) and you've never been there, it's a fun place to go when you just want to get wet, relax and play with the fish.

Last edited:
Finally I can play again!!!

Lake Wazee Black River Falls, WI
The Bass were out in bunches
LakeWazeeBassrevised.jpg

Just leaving the Keys after 6 dives on the Vandenberg with Lost Reef Adventures (and 2 reef dives, but compared to the Vbrg that was like watching paint dry)

Water temps in upper 80's, no wet suit/protection needed
Loads of swim throughs
Current ranged from stiff to completely slack
Visibility ranged from 40 to well over 100
Good stuff is between 75 and 95 feet
Saw /swam with a pod of a dozen or more dolphins during one of the intervals - they hung around the divers on their stops and we got in with snorkel gear and hung on the line watching them for over 20 minutes

Lost Reef has a lot of really nice people. The DM's and captains were all good-spirited and helpful. I asked a lot of questions and no one ever made me feel silly.

I hired a guide (Karen) for the first dive and she was a totally relaxed and down to earth character. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an instructor/dm in Key West.

Next trip I dove with a guy from Hawaii
Next trip I dove with a guy from England

All around perfect time

One dive for today. Reel work.

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
432|Vinkeveense plassen (Zandeiland 2)|45 Minutes|9M/68Ft|20C/66F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Rockport ON - had my AOW weekend and we did the deep, nav & drift dives in the beautiful 1000 Islands (One of the DMs has a cottage there - lucky!) Dived in my 7mm wetsuit, water was 68 vis was good for the St. Lawrence, buoyancy still needs work & I didn't get narced - a thoroughly enjoyable day of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom