Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back home from 2 dives off the coast of paphos, cyprus today, first was turtle rock 20mtr 19c / 66f and then Cynthiana bay, no better way to spend a new years eve day

Ended the year on a high note today ... spending the day with seven of my favorite dive buddies ... including Uncle Pug, TSandM, seaingreen, Liquivision, and a couple others who are less active on ScubaBoard. We were out on Uncle Pug's son-in-law's boat ... the Straight Arrow ...

IMG_0556.jpg

And we weren't the only "locals" out enjoying a beautiful, sunny (but chilly) New Year's Eve ...

IMG_0539.jpg

Our dive sites offered beautiful views both above and below the water. This is Blakely Rock, looking east toward Seattle and the Cascade mountains ...

IMG_0551.jpg

... and west, toward the Olympus mountains ...

IMG_0563.jpg

Below the water, I found something I'd been looking for all year ... a tiny Cockerell's dorid ... this is the first ... and last ... one I saw all year ...

IMG_0586.jpg

I found several equally tiny flabellina nudibranchs ... each about a half-inch long ...

IMG_0546.jpg

Sea pens are always a favorite ...

IMG_0572.jpg

... and finally, here's what happens when predator becomes prey ...

IMG_0579.jpg

Overall an awesome day on Puget Sound ... we capped it off with a champagne toast after the second dive. A spectacular way to bid farewell to a good year ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last Wednesday my daughter, son in law and I dove two sites off Duck Key in the Florida Keys. Visibility was so-so, but the dive was great fun and everyone had a good time.

Last dives of the year on the 31st: 2 dives at Molikini Crater (Maui), at Reef's End and Middle Reef. Great viz, nice critters including garden eels, giant garden eels that weren't garden eels (I need a Hawaii fish book, captain John easily identified them but I forgot what he said), octopus, reef sharks, cute schools of domino damselfish and showers of pyramid butterfly fish. Trip with Dive and Sea, very nice boat and people. Pretty amazing end to a year with over 75 dives, including trips to Campbell River, Victoria, Vancouver, the cenotes, Bonaire, Hawaii and local diving in a land-locked mountain lake.

Well, I can now say I did some California diving in 2010. Two dives at Point Lobos today. I was mostly looking forward to searching for nudibranchs, and I found tons, including some really big ones. (Maybe 6-8 inches long?) I didn't dare to hope for seals, which is good, because none showed their faces. That would have been too lucky even for me.

First dive in 2011:
Lake Ada Ciganlija, Belgrade, Serbia
Water temp: 3C
Depth: 9m
Time:30min
Some Perch&Carp...

Putten Van Ekeren Belgium.
coördinates 51.283608,4.397879
Ice dive. Decent along chain from buoy and attach reel to chain
Water Temp 1°C, 34°F
Depth 18 meters, 60'
Dive time 30 minutes
Visibility 2 meters / 6'

Cedar Hill dive site, Georgian Bay, Ontario for a New Year's day dive. Air temp 7C, not much wind but rain/mist. No snow at all. Water flat as a pancake.

86 ft, 37F degrees water temp, 60 ft viz, 32 min dive. Great way to start 2011.

Back
Top Bottom