Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the water in Humber Bay, Lake Ontario has warmed up to 34 degrees F, and the viz was pretty good at 25 ft despite the wind from the south that will pull the viz down considerably in the next few days if it keeps up.

*Sigh* Wiarton is still socked in with ice that's moving around. I need patience, a few days of above zero temperatures should move that stuff along.

Two more dives off the east coast of UAE today, nudibranchs, cleaner shrimps, morays galore, biggest electric ray I have ever seen. This was just one of these perfect dive days that makes all the effort of driving across UAE avoiding lunatic drivers well worth it. Totally high on today's experience :D

Ice is off Colpoy's Bay at Cedar Hill. 33F water temp, 47 ft, 34 min. Nice quality of light coming down the water column.

Dove with a buddy at White Beach in Manchester, MA this morning. Visibility was pretty rough, maybe 1-5 feet at the most. Had a great time, though. Some of the sea life is starting to come back after the winter. Good to see lots of little crabs hanging around down there.

Kristopher

Snorkeled Alexander Springs, FL yesterday. (Not certified yet) Had a great time, vis ~50-60ft, lots of sunfish, bluegill & even a couple of bass. (Not to mention some great bikini-fish around too.:wink:) Also got to watch 2 classes do OW checkout dives at the bottom of the spring which was cool.

Dove Breakwater yesterday, Saturday April 24, went to Metridium Fields. Visibility was sucked! 10, 15 feet max. This is how it looked.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 61
dove the breaker's reef off West Palm...water was warmish at 79 (need to think about getting out my 3 mil). Viz is about 60-70 feet

Dived Jan's Tunnel at the Poor Knights yesterday, water 20degC, visibility about 20m.

So much for the predicted 25 knot winds and rain, the weather was overcast and not much wind made for an excellent day out, even if the drysuit leaked and I get very wet feet.

Hmmm... I feel a quick dip in a volcano coming on to try and find out where the water's coming from.

Dived the Airbus A300 wreck off Atlantis Palm yesterday morning, flat calm, strong surface current though and a colloidal viz of around 5M.

Some nice nudis on the second dive, was shooting wide angle natural light on the first.

Attachments

• DSC_3174MCsig.jpg
    DSC_3174MCsig.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_3191MCsig.jpg
    DSC_3191MCsig.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 40
  • GTS_5324Csig.jpg
    GTS_5324Csig.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 37
Carberry Creek on Applegate Lake (Southern Oregon, USA). Raining but at least not the thunder and hail that NOAA had predicted.
And viz was much better than I expected, maybe 15. Temps still cool, of course, 50F surface, 40F at 30'.
Had five OWD students in with me and they did just fine, stayed together, no free-flows. It was a great day.

-Bryan

Back
Top Bottom