Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow ... 80-foot vis ... I had about five foot vis yesterday. Did one dive at my local mudhole in the morning with a friend who's also a former (and future) student. Had a drysuit class in the afternoon, but ended up calling the dive when I noticed that vis had dropped to maybe 2-3 feet. Heading back this afternoon ... hoping for somewhat improved conditions ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Lake Sundance in Calgary...a suburban man-made lake The local club [one of them] had a lake cleanup/fun dive and I joined in. Max depth about 25'...water was in high 50'sF for temperature. Viz was 20-30' unless you stirred up the muddy bottom. Single tank dive...it was fun. I didn't use to be interested in diving locally [cold water, altitude, boring lakes] but I have come to see that _any_ dive where you practice your skills and get familiar with your gear is very worthwhile.

The sun shined..made a new acquaintance/dive buddy. It was a good day.

Yesterday-- another amazing 20 foot solo dive on the N.S. Eastern Shore! (somewhat sarcastic....) Poke speared my 2nd flounder this "summer" (water went down this week from 46F to 42F--what's up there?). Also found a moon snail--a Triton's Trumpet it is not.

Last Mountain Lake saskatchewan,, 89' for 54 mins 5c 0-3' vis sand/rock bottom, not alot to see but i know i stirred up a few fish i just didnt get the chance to see them :( but all in all it was a great dive :)

Well, my first dive today was on the City of Sheboygan at 100' for 25 minutes (I am diving wet, so I get cold before my air runs out), and the second was on the Katie Eccles for about the same. Great dives.

Ahhh forget me not pond, west of Calgary, 18 feet deep when I was rolling on the bottom practicing reattaching my dry suit inflator hose, that one skill kills me. First dive in the new dry suit and it was great. Vis was good at least, surprised at how much ice is still on the lake right now.

Ben

Two nice little dives on the Waome passenger steamship in Lake Muskoka, Ontario. It's a cute wreck, 70 ft long, wheelhouse, couple of toilets visible, but the smokestack which features prominently on the Save Our Shipwrecks guide to the Waome is long gone. She sank in 1934 on the last trip of the season with a loss of 3 lives.

71 ft to the clay/mud bottom. 43 degrees F, but the really interesting part for me is the tannins in Lake Muskoka make the lights go out at about 15 ft, and looking up, into the sunlight, it's a yellowish cast. Like diving in really cold tea. Big contrast to the blue of Lake Huron/Tobermory, or the green of the St Lawrence River or Lake Ontario.

At the bottom it's a night dive, 10ft viz, though turning off my light I could still see the wreck in an atmospheric and ghostly way. Lots of little details, like the wiring for the lights, several colours of paint, bow benches for passengers.

Did a nice solo dive this morning at my local mudhole. Saw a few of these ...

IMG_0983.jpg

... and a few of these ...

IMG_0949.jpg

Vis was fabulous ... 25-30 feet ... max depth was 98 feet, bottom time was 76 minutes, and water temp was a balmy 48 degrees F ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dove today (as all the other weekend days this month) for training dives. Applegate Lake, Oregon.

Temps improving (60 on the surface, low 40s deep) but viz not as good as last month, maybe 12 feet. Max depth today 101 feet.

Spotted some good bass when cruising at the end of our dives at 15 feet, in the first thermocline.

-Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom