Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Dives yesterday, 2 day in Forgetmenot Pond, Alberta, Canada. Open Water Certification dives. 4 degree water.

Yesterday, 2 dives on Sheikh Mohamemed's Barge (aka DB1), around 15 miles off shore from Dubai.

Maximum depth - 24m
Air temperature - 41c
Water temperature (bottom) 33c
Visibility - 8m

Plenty of marine life, young baraccudas, trevally, batfish, sea snake, blennies, grouper, nudibranches.

Really pleasant dives, just leading a group of divers around both parts of the wreck.

How long did it take you to get there? Also, what dive shop/boat does this trip?

HI Burhan,

This was with Atlantis, and the trip out was around 30 mins.

Unfortunately, Al Boom have made an announcement that they will no longer be running boat dives on the West Coast, but that does still leave Atlantis and Pavillion Dive Centre

On Saturday I dove the Kassandra Louloudis (freighter sunk by torpedo 3/17/1942)- we had to wait for NOAA to finish scanning the wreck for their 1942 project before we could splash. There was lots of sea life- especially the smaller stuff. My dive buddy and I rescued some china from Davey Jones' locker. Afterward we dove on another wreck at Diamond shoals that I won't name since it is believed to be completely sanded in. It was a great dive- the wreck was teaming with life. Then we motored over to the Hesperides (freighter that ran aground in 1897) to do some free diving/spearing. A silky shark was the most notable resident. The spearos had a good day Saturday as they filled their cooler with goodies (sheepshead, tautog, spanish, and triggers). On Sunday we were thinking of diving the Tamaulipas (tanker sunk by torpedo 4/10/1942 in 165fsw) but with the afternoon forecast being bad we opted for the closer Proteus (passenger liner sunk in a collision on 8/19/1918) instead. As soon as we dropped the anchor the boat was surrounded by a pod of dolphins. The proteus was absolutely crawling with sharks. I don't think there was a single time while I was on the wreck that I could not see half a dozen sharks. The sharks were not timid in the least but only a 5' juvenile showed any signs of agression. There were several great barracuda on the wreck as well. While I was paying the decompression troll I was swarmed by a bait ball that was being attacked by Spanish mackerel. I think the baitfish were using me as cover from predation. On the way in we dove on the Dixie Arrow (tanker sunk by torpedo 3/26/1942) where we saw a lot of sting rays there but only a few sharks.

Spent a beautiful summer day with about 40 of my favorite dive friends at our local mudhole. Did two dives ... the first solo and the second with a former student and friend who I don't dive with often enough. The weather was spectacular, but the combination of an extended mountain snowmelt and typical summer plankton bloom had visibility on the first dive in the 3-10 foot range and second dive in the 10-15 foot range ... perfect macro conditions.

Here's my favorite shot of the day ... a striped nudibranch ...

IMG_1285.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Some search and recovery dives in Lewis Smith Lake, Alabama. Vis was 5 feet, temps below the thermocline were ~60F. I much prefer the ocean and caves.

Two (1) hour great dives Gato Island,Philippines. Nice cave first dive and beautiful reef second. Sharks,cuddlefish,frogfish,nudibranch,pygmy seahorses,crabs,eels,shrimps,& pipefish. Yesterday off Shark Point,four Thresher sharks & one manta ray.Living on Malapascua Island is great.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Yesterday at Allenhurst Jetty (my first REAL surf entry) and Manasquan River R.R. Bridge in New Jersey.

Diving at Bluestone Dive Resort in Thomasville, NC. Visibility because of the rain was about 10'. 80 degrees above 20'. Finished up OW checkout dives with some students and then did 2 Sidemount dives with my new Dive Rite Nomad. Also prepped a couple Intro to Tech students to get them ready for next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom