Where did you buy it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks - Your comments just confirm my opnion that if it has to do with life support equipment - I want to buy it local from an authorized dealer .... I'll hit the on-lines for the non-essentials, but when it comes to my BC, reg, octo & computer, I want to be able to know who I bought it from, and know they will support the servicing .....

$80 is way high end for a mask, even in Chicago. Although I don't doubt that most of the Chicago area shops have masks in that price ranges, I'm also certain that they all have something for a lot less money.

If the shop hasn't got anything for a more reasonable amount of money, PM me and I'll get you a list of alternatives.

Steven

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Poor baby, if he had bought it from the LDS one of the people who'd wasted an afternoon on him might have spent the two minutes it would have taken to fix it. Instead, I offered to let him use my cell phone to call the online people and complain while we went diving. [/B]

LOL! Great story, I'll have to share that with my friend who owns a dive shop.

I agree that we shouldn't feel coerced to support anyone. However, to spend so much time in a LDS and then just buy online without even giving them the opportunity to make you a deal is simply acting in bad faith, IMHO. It's fine to hunt for bargains but you still need to give the LDS a chance to cut you a deal if they are so inclined. If not, then go for your best deal if you want. But don't tease them by hanging out, trying on gear, asking questions and then buying elsewhere. IMHO, he got what he deserved.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the advise.
When you start out you kinda feel that you owe the LDS
some sort of loyalty.
I'll save that kinda loyalty for my reg and BCD.
I went to a sporting goods store and got a US Divers
clear Mask for around $20.00.

then Thinking I got a bad mask 'cause i didnt pay enough for it
I went online and got a Mares Ventosa - paid around 45.00

except for the fact that one is clear and the other is Black,
they are basically the same.

Thanks again for the help.

:)

Back
Top Bottom