Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anyone in the Seattle/Puget Sound area that would like to go diving this coming week. I would really like to go diving if anyone is up for it.

I'll bring whatever ForceFins you would like to try!

I have just come back from Roatan (2am this morning) when I did my first dives in warm water!

What a shock to the system having this cold cloudy sky above my head (it is not as bad as last year when there was snow and ice everywhere, though) and see so much brown! I bet that it is going to be even worse underwater...:depressed:

If you are available this weekend give me a shout!:)

Last edited:
Soakedlontra,
Welcome back! Happy Winter Solstice!

Thank you!

Happy Winter Solstice and Holidays to you and whoever reads this!

Unfortunately my buddy and I had a couple of memory cards full of pictures stolen by somebondy on West Bay beach while we were snorkeling!:shakehead:

We should have know better and left them in a locker or take turns to snorkel...I would have never thought that memory cards and rechargeable batteries could be such valuable things worth stealing. However Honduras is still a very poor country and no matter how scruffily we tried to look and despite being on a budget for real we were still more wealthy than the average local folks!

Anyway, after the initial frustration had subsided, we began all over and were able to come back home with a certain amount of pictures even if some are gone for good because we would never encountered some animals in the following dives again.

SamAfterSno.jpg

My buddy Sam after snorkeling at West Bay beach

BettySpongeW.jpg

The last dive of the trip: Casa Azul, a wonderful sheer vertical wall full of colorful and odd shaped sponges where I am trying to enjoy being vertical

SamBrainCoral1.jpg

SamCeroBW.jpg

I think this fish is a kind of mackerel called Cero. We saw it only twice in two weeks of diving (I got really lucky to freeze this one with the excruciating slow press release button of our camera)

SpCoral.jpg

(photo by Sam Osteen)

SpongeBStar.jpg

Roatan is the world of amazing sponges!

Coral38.jpg

and pillar coral

Last edited:
I really just need to get u/w again. And I don't have a clue as to where, I just got up here in Oct and don't know any of the dive site, which is exactly why I am looking for a guide that knows the sites to see. I work Tuesday (tomorrow), but I am off till next week. The only thing that I need is tanks, mine still have the valves removed and there is no way I can get them VIP'd and filled in time.

Is there anyone in the Seattle/Puget Sound area that would like to go diving this coming week. I would really like to go diving if anyone is up for it.

I'll bring whatever ForceFins you would like to try!

We just got back from Roatan, so it'll probably take several days to get settled, but if you're interested in checking out the shore dives on Whidbey Island, like Keystone Jetty, I know I'd love to try some different Force Fins if you have them! We often go to Whidbey's Keystone, Driftwood Beach, Langley Marina, and also Skyline Wall in Anacortes. Less often to Mukilteo, Glendale, Possession Beach, and since they've closed the gate to the park, Rosario Beach.

you name the date, site and the fins. I'll be there, just don't make it too early, I am coming from the Tri-cities, probably 4hrs to get to Puget

Since I am guessing all of us will be in drysuits, I have Foil Force, SD-1, Extra Force Tan Delta, Excellerating Force TanDelta, and the new Hockey Force in XXL. Although its unlikely anyone will fit an XL the Flying Force.

Of course, anyone not already a FF user is welcome to join us as well, and I'll have fins for you to try as well.

I cannot stop watching this little low budget video, it is not because it is me who created it but because it is a visual reminder of the great marine wildlife encounters,small and semi-big, that I experienced in my first warm water dive trip.

I have never dived almost every day before. It felt like I was doing a sort of diving marathon. So much to take in after each dive and longer snorkeling sessions during the day and night.(I took the shots of the Coral Reef Octopus at night in about 4/6feet of water snorkeling. I was holding my dive light in my left hand and the camera with my right one while my buddy was holding his dive light, both had a diffuser to soften the light a bit).

It may sound like an ad for Force Fins but after spending so much time in the water (I broke my snorkeling record: one evening I spent 3 hours non stop in the water from 9pm until midnight. When I finally swam back to the beach I could not even stand up. A local night-watchman, or tourist policeman, pointed his flash light at me puzzled probably thinking that I was a total loca!) my feet felt really comfortable in my Flying Force Fins. A couple of times I forgot my fins and I had to use a spare pair that Native Sons (the dive operation that I used to go diving with) kept on the boat and I did feel the difference...Well at least I did not have to abort the dives but it made me appreciate my own fins even more.

Good night

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom