Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You two have shared your great adventures with us and we are always excited for more! Great photos, love the map and the written journey is always compelling allowing me to drift into dives of the past in your area and wish I was there in the present. You keep all of us charged up for the next dive!
Thanks for sharing and have a great Thanksgiving,
The entire Force Fin family

Sambolino44:
Nice. This was your first dive with your new Flying Force fins and, as if to show what they can do, I remember you zooming by on the surface swim out.

I think it was a vermilion star.

Oops, logged in as the wrong person. This is Sambolino44.

Certainly they were handy during that 'crazy' dive where we surfaced between 1/2 and 1/4 of a mile out from the marina and in the channel and we had to get the hell out of there and surface swim back to the marina. Luckily there was not boat traffic at that time!

Last edited:
Very Nice Soaked! I especially like the slow decent into the dark. One thing I have learned with video is that moving really slow makes the video better, and that when you have something specific to show, peoples interest is usually limited to 10 seconds or so. I really liked the crabs! They are not the usual ones we see at Mukilteo. (Smike)

Very Nice Soaked! I especially like the slow decent into the dark. One thing I have learned with video is that moving really slow makes the video better, and that when you have something specific to show, peoples interest is usually limited to 10 seconds or so. I really liked the crabs! They are not the usual ones we see at Mukilteo. (Smike)

Thank you Smike! I know what you mean about the crabs at Mukilteo! During those last two dives at Keystone Jetty I have never seen so many heart crabs. Three/four on top of one rock alone! (in the video is the one with very hairy legs, which is not a 'true crab' but a lithodid crab= 3 pairs of walking legs instead of four). The bright orange crab is the unmistakable juvenile Puget Sound King Crab (another lithodid crab). So far I have seen two of them there. AH! Not to mention the umbrella and butterfly crabs! (other lithodid crabs). I saw both of them but I did not manage to take pictures (one was crawling between two rocks and wasn't easy to get to etc.) that's why they did not make it into the show. Next time!

I tried to move the camera as slow as possible...Still when I edited that video clip I decided to make it even slower. Unfortunately I could not avoid shaking the camera here and there.

Last edited:
Is there anyone in the Seattle/Puget Sound area that would like to go diving this coming week. I would really like to go diving if anyone is up for it.

I'll bring whatever ForceFins you would like to try!

Messier42,
I'd sure like to go. Just got back to the area from long RV trip. Only place I got to dive was West Texas lol. Was going to visit everyone in Santa Barbara, but weather caused delays and had to get home.
Where are you thinking? Alki Cove 2? I'm free almost any day but Monday. PM me.
Joel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom