Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your friend. You really need to take some time out to get back to diving. Due to all your hard work designing fins for us divers to enjoy, you seem to not have the time yourself to enjoy them in the water.

What you really need to do is to take a diving holiday and get back to enjoying wearing the FF in the water, like the rest of us divers. Then you will come back refreshed and will no doubt design even more fab fins for divers worldwide to enjoy.

Hope that you get back to diving soon.

Bob

I'm sorry for your loss of a friend.

Get out of the "lab" and take some time off and go diving.

One thing I've learned in my 60+ years is life is too short to make it all about work!!

(I can wait for my fins - they are just "stuff" - people are way more important.)

your getting really good that the video editing. you cut that together wonderfully and the music was perfect. thanks

your getting really good that the video editing. you cut that together wonderfully and the music was perfect. thanks

Thank you very much Meesier42 for your positive comment. I would like to get some training in underwater videografy/photography, learning how to use a more powerful video editing software (I use Windows Movie Maker. Yesterday I tried to use Adobe Premier instead and...it was a nightmare! Out of frustration I switched back to WMM), have a better digital camera and housing etc....Well one of these days!

Usually I develop an idea on how to sequence the images first and I try to fit the sound track afterward. In this case I did the opposite. I became so obsessed with the track Point of no Return, which,initially, I thought it was a bit too dramatic in the middle, that I created the sequence to fit the tempo and duration of the music.

Cheers and happy safe diving! :)

Last edited:
Bob, passion seems to be a rare thing these days. Great to know that yours is still burning strong.

We are very lucky to have a friend with a super-cool dive boat (he also uses it for work). Last weekend he took several of us out to a couple of local spots, the Camano Island Wall, and the Gedney Island reef. The wall is a mud wall with small holes full of critters, and the reef is man-made: a bunch of concrete columns piled helter-skelter on the bottom. Plenty of big lingcod, rockfish, and plumose anemones there.

Sam_Todd_s_Boat_Ramp_011010.jpg

FF_Todd_s_Boat_011010.jpg

Sam_and_Jan_Todd_s_Boat_011010.jpg

P.S. Bob, I hope you're feeling better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom