Where can you buy scubapro twin jet fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fookisan:
Where can you buy scubapro twin jet fins? No local scubapro dealers. Any mail order dealers?

Thanks,

Dan
You can get them here I did. Click on ScubaPro box on the right, and click submit to narrow down selection.
David

Good old Leisure-Pro.

dlndavid:
You can get them here I did. Click on ScubaPro box on the right, and click submit to narrow down selection.
David

Thanks for the link. I looked there and could only find the closed heel type of fin. Do the sell the fins with open heal and starp?

Dan

fookisan:
Thanks for the link. I looked there and could only find the closed heel type of fin. Do the sell the fins with open heal and strap?

Dan
They used to sell both, I bought mine from them, (open heal) and their catalog still has them. Try calling them. 800 637-6880

Forget the Twin Jets, and get yourself a good ol' pair of Jet Fins. Best fin around, plus a whole lot cheaper than the Twin Jet.

http://tinyurl.com/9h5a3

Mel

The most efficent fins are split fins. If you want a wide kick, a frog kick, dolphin kick etc. buy the stiffer versions of the split fins. The best versions of split fins offer several models. The best are the easiest to kick-no surprise there. Cheaper older technology may "feel good" but it does not come close to the newer technology. Dive the different models and decide for yourself. Don't buy it twice. Yes, of course, you can buy the old stiff Jet or Turtle fins for less-wonder why? Get the best the first time.

mdb:
The most efficent fins are split fins. If you want a wide kick, a frog kick, dolphin kick etc. buy the stiffer versions of the split fins. The best versions of split fins offer several models. The best are the easiest to kick-no surprise there. Cheaper older technology may "feel good" but it does not come close to the newer technology. Dive the different models and decide for yourself. Don't buy it twice. Yes, of course, you can buy the old stiff Jet or Turtle fins for less-wonder why? Get the best the first time.

The most efficient for what? Flying over a reef, not being able to look at anything because with your fancy split fins you're passing my it too fast? Can you do a backwards kick with a split fin?

The Jet Fin has been around for over 30 years and has stood the test of time, it's the fin of choice for the Navy Seals and other special ops divers. It's a perfect example of a "low-tech" solution to better gear design.

Here's a direct quote for you from an article in a dive mag,

"The downside of these split fins is that they are only good for scissor-kicking forward propulsion at moderate speeds. They are no good for frog-kicking, propellering, sculling, backpedaling, braking, hovering, or any of the other techniques that are so useful when you are trying to actually accomplish something. They are also no good for fighting a current, or pushing a heavy load of gear or a drysuit, as they are simply not capable of generating as much propulsive force as a good set of paddle fins. Strong swimmers especially may become frustrated with these fins, as they are unable to translate extra effort into thrust. You will never go fast in a pair of these.

Once on a photographic mission with a borrowed pair of split fins, I found that I was unable to back up or even hold station in almost-still water. Their uselessness for anything but forward swimming became very frustrating after a short time. Because of these poor handling characteristics, and a hefty premium in price, I doubt that these fins are ever going to replace good old paddle-fins. My personal opinion is that the loss of speed, maneuverability and control is not worth the gain in swimming efficiency, even in the tropics
."

You're right about one thing, mdb. Your advice about getting the right fins the first time. I had a pair of split fins when I first got cert'd. I've since sold them for a pair of Jet fins.

fookisan:
Where can you buy scubapro twin jet fins? No local scubapro dealers. Any mail order dealers?

Thanks,

Dan

You might or might not want to try the Jet Fins as Mel suggested, but in defense of your thread you were asking where to buy twin jets, not which is better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom