Where can I get a map of Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'd like to get a decent map of Cozumel that might include dive spots and locations of various hotels. I know it may be hard to come up with the hotels on the map so can anyone tell me the best way to find out where these hotels are ? I'm trying to judge which hotel is close to the dive site vs. which one is closer to town. From that I can gather input from all of you as to where to stay for a week long dive trip, which operator to use, how much I can plan on spending getting to town once in awhile, and how far the trip will be for the dive op to pick us up and get us to the dive spots. I know I'm asking for a lot but maybe there's a better way to put this all together. I just don't want to stay 20 miles from town to be next to the best dive spot and don't want to be right next to a cruise ship just so I can walk to town. I'm looking for a happy medium, as well as a great diving experience without the cattle boat cruise ship diving experience. If someone out there tells me taxis are cheap or to rent a car for a week, maybe I'll just worry about the dive op and hotel quality.

Thanks

www.cancunmap.com

They have maps of a number of dive destinations. You order it, they send. If you like then you pay them. If not, return the map.

Best map I have seen.

The map looks like it's got everything on it. It's ordered and on it's way.

Thanks a ton.

I don't know if it will help you. I would recommend searching the Mexico forum for some of these words:
Brisas
Reef club
Papa Hogs
Aldora
Dive Paradise
Barracuda
El Cozumelino
Plaza Las Glorias
Reef scape
Aquaworld

and that is just a start!!!

...... There is a ton of info for you here. That is how I did it. We returned Saturday night from a week of diving there and had a great time. It really depends on the type of person you are and your experience level and that of your friends. The dive sites are all the same. There are a thousand opinions too.

If you look at the websites from some of the dive ops you will find a lot of info too. PM me if you still want the map.

I have heard of half of these while reading SB. What's your opinion on all inclusive hotels for a price, or going out and getting real food and choosing European? I've read a lot about cold or bad food at some all inclusive places?

I decided that I liked Cozumel because I liked: to eat in town, the atmosphere & people, not be locked in a place with nowhere easy to go and lots of options. AND...I also don't like giving the taxi drivers all of my cash ....so we took the approach of shopping around for a good all inclusive deal and planning to eat out a few times anyway. The local places are too good to pass up. If the price is good, you dont mind skipping out for a local meal.

By going this route we still could eat anytime we wanted and not have to pop out for a snack or breakfast. I always temper my thoughts about people's comments about the food with the idea that everybody likes different food. I love Mexican food. However, a lot of folks were eating hamburgers and spaghetti. Maybe they are the ones that complain. (We must have eaten 50 lbs of guacamole)

Our package at the Brisas (Now Reef-scape) was about $800 Canadian $$ and included airfare from Toronto, ocean view room, all meals, all drinks. It was really good. Better than some 4 star places in the area. Just add diving and eating in town 3 nights and ...Presto!

We used the on-site operator. Dive Paradise. They have a choice of big boats or small fast ones. Again, easy... no carrying the gear all over town.

So... with this approach, you get both. I have done both all inclusive and the "european plan". Too limiting to stick to one or the other in my opinion. You really have to do your homework to pull this off. The Hotel was 5 minutes walk from town or $3 bucks by taxi.. The folks staying farther out were paying through the nose for taxi fares. I would rather spend it on Tequila.

Reefscape We ended up booking through Air Canada. They had a better deal than the ones posted here.

This is a well known place in Cozumel. I read this board and found a lot of good things were said about it. The prices went up and down a lot, we just checked every day until a great deal popped up. It was actually cheaper a couple weeks ago.

If you want the party night life, shopping, and crowds- stay in town. If you want quiet, beautiful beaches and NO night life try -Reef Club.

We are going to Brisas - All Inclusive Dec 6 to 13th. We stayed at Reef Club in April 2003. Reef Club is very close to southern dive sites, but night Adult activities shut down at 10:30. Expensive for taxi also.

Will post Reefscape(Brisas) report on return. I have read here and Trip Advisor that food, Bottled water, sewer odors and employee attitude can be a problem at Reefscape.

Plmbrok=-)

plmbrok once bubbled...
can be a problem at Reefscape.

I was just there. Quite the opposite. I was impressed by the friendly staff, very clean grounds and we got bottled water. They are putting a lot of effort into the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom