Where can I find . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Patriot's Point in Charleston South Carolina has both. The carrier is WW II and the sub is an old diesel sub.

There is also a sub close to the Arizona memorial in Hawaii. That could be going east - depending on which way you go there.... :)

:shakehead: There are ways to load pics up to 640 wide...

Ms. Rubble, there is one at the Intrepid Sea and Air Museum on the West Side of Manhattan.
My Dad's old ship. He took his new wife to see it shortly after they got married. My sis called ahead to let them know that a former Seagoing Marine was coming home. They met him with the keys to all the locked areas and asked him where he'd like to go? Small by today's standards I guess. I think our carriers could qualify as small nations.
Pam, get him certified and take him to the U-352. It's a great dive. It's the only German U-Boat sunK by the U.S. Coast Card during WW II. It's about 30 miles off the coast of Morehead City, North Carolina.
I would not at all call that a :newbie: dive. I know that some take 'em, I've seen people on it who shouldn't have been, but it really is one for some degree of experience and a Nitrox card. And please do not enter...!

Groton, CT is home to the Nautilus, the world's first nuclear submarine. Mystic Seaport is close by, with lots of maritime history.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom