Where can I find . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pam, get him certified and take him to the U-352. It's a great dive. It's the only German U-Boat sunK by the U.S. Coast Card during WW II. It's about 30 miles off the coast of Morehead City, North Carolina.

:jaws:

If you can, I would try to show him the insides of both a WWII sub, and a more modern one .. the contrasts would be striking
(I still can't get over that the normal diving depth of a WWII sub is only about as deep as it is long ... about 300ft)

Pam, get him certified and take him to the U-352. It's a great dive. It's the only German U-Boat sunK by the U.S. Coast Card during WW II. It's about 30 miles off the coast of Morehead City, North Carolina.

:jaws:

I'm working on it. . . he is the cautious one so he is 'thinking about' the scuba thing . . my daughter on the other hand has been harassing me for 2 months . . . I think the war ship wreck dives are going to push my son over the edge into this great sport .. . . :D

I'm working on it. . . he is the cautious one so he is 'thinking about' the scuba thing . . my daughter on the other hand has been harassing me for 2 months . . . I think the war ship wreck dives are going to push my son over the edge into this great sport .. . . :D

A U-Boat is a German submarine. :D

Hey Pam - As a kid I was on the USS Ling in Hackensack NJ. The NJ Naval Museum is online The New Jersey Naval Museum Hompage. There is an interactive flash for the LING that looks neat.

Thanks Mike!

I was talking to my son last night and I think we are going to plan out a weekend for he and I to hit all the area ones. We are in driving range of several it turns out -- thanks to the great info you folks gave me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom