Where can I find . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyRubble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son is currently fascinated by submarines and the like. Wants to tour one. Anyone have any idea if there are any subs on the east coast to be toured? I'd settle for a large military aircraft carrier if needed. I'm kinda clueless on where to start the search.

As always, thank you for your help!

So you mean,if you can't get this,

Delta-III_class_nuclear-powered_ballistic_missle_submarine_2.jpg

You settle for this.

USS_Nimitz_in_Victoria_Canada_036.jpg

:D

My son is currently fascinated by submarines and the like. Wants to tour one. Anyone have any idea if there are any subs on the east coast to be toured? I'd settle for a large military aircraft carrier if needed. I'm kinda clueless on where to start the search.

As always, thank you for your help!

Ms. Rubble, there is one at the Intrepid Sea and Air Museum on the West Side of Manhattan. There's also one in Baltmore Inner Harbor, Maryland. Let me know if you want more info regarding.

:jaws:

yeah, i was gonna say charleston...mt pleasant, really. i think they also have the medal of honor museum.

The Becuna is docked at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. It's a diesel sub that was in service from WWII to 1969.

So you mean,if you can't get this,

Delta-III_class_nuclear-powered_ballistic_missle_submarine_2.jpg

You settle for this.

USS_Nimitz_in_Victoria_Canada_036.jpg

:D

What can I say . . I'm not a picky gal!!!! :D

Ms. Rubble, there is one at the Intrepid Sea and Air Museum on the West Side of Manhattan. There's also one in Baltmore Inner Harbor, Maryland. Let me know if you want more info regarding.

:jaws:

I thought there was something in Manhattan . . we drove by it in Feb when we were doing the touristy thing. Didn't realize it was a permanent thing. Is the one at the BIH the rinky dink looking thing? I know that is like really rude . . . and I can't imagine guys actually living on that thing!!!! Guess I just expected those things to be bigger!

Submarine Force Library & Museum: Submarine History, Gifts & Memorabilia in Groton CT. afaik it's the only Nuclear sub currently on display.

Links to pretty much every other one in the U.S. can be found here: SUBMARINE MUSEUMS, MUSEUM BOATS AND MEMORIALS LINKS

And if you're ever in Charleston, SC - they have both: Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum - Charleston Harbor, SC

You rock!!! Great info. Maybe I'll make it a weekend and hit Charleston with him.

yeah, i was gonna say charleston...mt pleasant, really. i think they also have the medal of honor museum.

Thanks everyone! Great info as usual!

There is a WWII German sub on display in the Science and Industry museum in Chiacago.

oh, yeah, the one john chatterton inspected to see if he could figure out the u-who!

the WW2 submarine Ling is berthed somewhere in Northern NJ.
It was in the Hackensack river, but there has been some talk of relocating it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom