Where can I find wolf eels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually liked Clarke Rocks - or at least the rocks to the NorthWest of those rocks - we swam right by. Never did see a wolf eel, but did see lots of nudi's, crabs and other macro stuff.

What other more interesting dives are there in Naniamo. Have been on the Sask, Snake Wall and I think the other was Jesse's wall in the harbour along a small island (too much weather to go out any further)

Thanks

Darnold9999:
I actually liked Clarke Rocks - or at least the rocks to the NorthWest of those rocks - we swam right by. Never did see a wolf eel, but did see lots of nudi's, crabs and other macro stuff.

What other more interesting dives are there in Naniamo. Have been on the Sask, Snake Wall and I think the other was Jesse's wall in the harbour along a small island (too much weather to go out any further)

Thanks
Orlebar is an really nice wall that is plastered with plumose anenomes. Dodd narrows is very colourful garden of inveribrates and can be a very exciting drift dive.

Saw two at Les Davis 3 days ago. Headed to Hood Canal tomorrow.

yukoneer:
I move back to Rochester in 2 weeks. I've seen everything I want to see so far except wolf eels (well, except the 6-gill shark, but that's an exception)

I want to see wolf eels. Are there any shore dive spots in the area that wolf eels frequent? I prefer depths that are shallower than 75fsw, but can do as deep as 100fsw - I only have an AL80 tank, so, the shallower, the better...

I'd love to know, please - especially because I probably won't dive around here again. Thanks...

I'm also thinking of using a dive boat vendor this weekend, so, any advice with that as telling where to go for prime spots of wolf eels and other marine life will be appreciated too.

Back
Top Bottom