Where can I find Apeks 7' Hose w/ 1/2" Fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did go out to the TDL site and they say right on the site that bothe the 1/2" and the 3/8" hoses have the same 5/16 inside diameter as some of you pointed out. I cannot yet determne if the Apeks original hoses are the same way. Does anyone know if the Apeks hoses are different inside diameter? I guess I should be able to go look at my regs. Wow, that woul dbe too easy.

...I will let you know.

LJ

Just wanted to share what I found out from Apeks and break a myth that seems to be floating around here occaisionally and close out this thread.

Apeks Tech support backs up what Johhythan and other have maintained. Apeks says that their hoses, both the 3/8 and the 1/2, are the exact same diamter hose. In fact, their hoses are 1/4" inside diameter and TDL's hoses are 5/16". Not a huge difference but TDLs are larger and higher rated than Apeks factory hoses. Apeks also says, and i quote, "the ½” fitting has no performance difference than the 3/8” fitting hose. The ½” port was put in some years ago to accommodate marketing needs".

All this backs up what may people's opinions on this this board seemed to suggest about the whole 1/2 inch hose thing. Maybe this will put it to rest. It has for me. I still won't use the adapter on the 1/2 port but I may rethink the value of the 1/2 port at all.

Thanks for everyones help finding the hoses,

LJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom