Where can I find Apeks 7' Hose w/ 1/2" Fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The adapter is one more O-ring to maintain and can extrude when you least want it to.

Just buy the hose with the 1/2" opening. Lots of people sell them.

Mark Vlahos:
If you look at the TDL website you will see that the hoses with the 1/2 inch fitting and the hoses with the 3/8 inch fitting are the same with the single exception of the fitting itself. The internal hose diameter does not change.
I have hoses from TDS, and the 1/2" hose I got from Joel most definitely *does* have a larger internal and outside diameter than the 3/8" hose.

That is *not* the case with the Apeks supplied hoses.

Not that anyone asked, but on the DST first stage that 1/2" port is perfectly positioned for a 22" bungeed backup.

Not that anyone asked (:wink:) but a DS4 doesn't have the gimicky 1/2" port... nor the turret o-ring that, being a dynamic o-ring, is much more of a failure point than the static o-ring in an adapter. I've have two DSTs sitting in the *stuff~to~do* bucket wait to be rebuilt because the turret o-ring is fizzing. I've never did have that problem with the adapter I use to use on one of them.

StSomewhere:
I figure the Apeks turret o-ring is not any more or less of a failure point than the ScubaPro version that no one rags on.
I could do a little ragging on the SP if that would help. :D

Seriously... the points are:
1) Don't worry about an insignificant item while ignoring a significant item.
2) Don't worry about the significant item... just keep that turret reg serviced.
3) If you want bomb proof then keep it simple. DS4s are simple... and cheaper too.

I understand the swivel reg is what you have and you need to dance with who you brung. But they sell well on ebay if you are really interested in eliminating a real failure point (as well as the funky port), neither of which provide any real benefit. Take the money and buy a new DS4.

I've got a bunch of DS4s but I kept my old DST first stages to use on deco bottles. As I said above, they ended up living in the *stuff~to~do* bucket. For a deco bottle the swivel does provide an advantage in hose stowage. Still, I'm not sure the extra failure point of the swivel is worth even that.

I dont ge the connection with failure point (DIR driven) on the reducer/adapter o ring.
the "preferred " way to cure this is to use a 1/2" plug, and abandon this port, and use one of the other 3/8" ports in its place. That said, the block off plug has an o ring as well as the adapter! effectively killing the "O ring failure" reasoning. Also, the reason for NOT using the 1/2" port for any hose,(DIR) is to create a redundancy in parts. = same hoses, same fittings, all 3/8" , KISS , keep it simple stupid. I use the adapter, and have not had a problem of any kind. And if that sealed o ring ever gets "extruded", then I most likely have bigger problems dont I ? In short, im not loosin any sleep over the extremely simple and sturdy adapter.

dbg40:
I dont ge the connection with failure point (DIR driven) on the reducer/adapter o ring.
the "preferred " way to cure this is to use a 1/2" plug, and abandon this port, and use one of the other 3/8" ports in its place. That said, the block off plug has an o ring as well as the adapter! effectively killing the "O ring failure" reasoning. Also, the reason for NOT using the 1/2" port for any hose,(DIR) is to create a redundancy in parts. = same hoses, same fittings, all 3/8" , KISS , keep it simple stupid. I use the adapter, and have not had a problem of any kind. And if that sealed o ring ever gets "extruded", then I most likely have bigger problems dont I ? In short, im not loosin any sleep over the extremely simple and sturdy adapter.
Since we are going there, GI3 says to either block off the 1/2" port *or* have a spare hose since its non-standard and your buddy won't have one. Thats the same answer for the DST as well as the ATX-100, etc. first stages. The way I understand it, the adapter solves one problem but creates another (yet another o-ring).

That is a different matter than the swivel o-ring, since the DST (and most SP first stages I've seen) have *all* of the LP ports on that swivel turret which is the failure point in question.

UP, thanks for the sage advice. Right now I'm saving for the drysuit, which I should've bought with the money I spent on a computer... (sigh)

FWIW, those of you with DSTs who desire DS4s may find tech divers who currently have a DS4 on a deco or stage bottle that might be willing to switch.

Ok guys, thanks for all the feedback on the DST, DS4, etc. Unfortunately, As I stated earlier, I have a ATX200 and i don't have turret issues. And yes, before anyone points it out, I was the one that brought up the failure point issue, and I must agree that that logic is weak and I regret bringing it up since it sidtracked this thread.

Nonetheless, I started this thread to find Apeks original or a reasonable facimile of the original equipment. Call me a silly newbie (since i am new) but this is what I want and I really need some assistance in finding it. I really did not intend to start a debate about what the right way is to buy hoses for my ATX200, or what the right hose is for my rig. I would have asked what the right hose was if i was looking for that.

I am not trying to be rude. I love this board and all the help that is available but in this case the only help I need is to know if anybody can just help me find what I am looking for?

Thanks again folks,

LJ

Get your hoses from TechDivingLimited. Good hoses, good shop, they have what you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom