Where can I find Apeks 7' Hose w/ 1/2" Fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LJinFLA

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't seem to find Apeks replacment hoses for an Apeks reg. I have an ATX 200 and want to get a 7' (2m) hose but can't seem to find orginal parts from Apeks. Everyone seems to want to sell a standard hose with a 1/2" adapter.

If anyone knows where I can find Apeks hoses on the web at a good price, please let me know.

Thanks

LJ

The question is does Apek's sell a 7 foot hose? Check Joel's company, under "Hoses & Fittings". These look like them.

MikeC:
The question is does Apek's sell a 7 foot hose? Check Joel's company, under "Hoses & Fittings". These look like them.

Mike,

Great site. I have not been there before. That is exactly what I am looking for. Joel has really good prices overall for a number of things. Is his quality good? He does not list brand names on many things but that is not important to me if the quality is good.

LJ

All of the hoses I've bought from TDL have been very high quality.

Why not just buy an adapter to go from 1/2 to 3/8 ? they're inexpensive and would be less of a hassel

DS tank wipe:
Why not just buy an adapter to go from 1/2 to 3/8 ? they're inexpensive and would be less of a hassel

Just a another thread to open up, and another failure point. Call me silly, but the manufacturer made it the way they did for a reason (maybe just a marketing reason) but i tend to prefer to keep in line with the factory intended parts. I bought Apeks because of superior engineering and I think I would like to stick with the design.

LJ

ljINfla:
Just a another thread to open up, and another failure point. Call me silly, but the manufacturer made it the way they did for a reason (maybe just a marketing reason) but i tend to prefer to keep in line with the factory intended parts. I bought Apeks because of superior engineering and I think I would like to stick with the design.

LJ

If you look at the TDL website you will see that the hoses with the 1/2 inch fitting and the hoses with the 3/8 inch fitting are the same with the single exception of the fitting itself. The internal hose diameter does not change.

Having said that, the hoses are excellent and Joel has always done right by me.

If you insist on Apeks brand hoses these are not them, these hoses will however work fine on your Apeks regulator. I would echo the earlier comment about putting the 1/2 hose for your short hose. This will most likely make the hose routing a little cleaner because the long hose and the short hose will not need to cross. The short hose will be closer to your neck and route cleaner when used on a single tank rig. If you are setting these up for doubles then get 1/2 inch hoses for both the long hose (on the right post) and the short hose (on the left post).

My only complaint about TDL is that you do not get the nifty e-mail confirmations of your order and shipping that you get with some other online shops. This is a relatively minor concern for me as everything I have requested has arrived in a timely manner and been exactly what I have ordered.

ljINfla:

LJ

????? Failure point??

The biggest reason they made the 1/2 port was a marketing gimmick so that you had to buy Apeks parts. In terms of an adapter being a failure point it's total crap those things are built better and stronger than some first stages I've seen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom