Where can I find 1.5" scuba webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eipo

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy all, I am in need of some 1.5" stiff (stiffer the better) webbing for a project I am working. Having no experience with actual scuba gear, I am having a hard time locating a source via an internet search. I bought some from Dive Rite, but it is not stiff at all. I believe I am looking for the Resin Impregnated webbing. Any and all help will be appreciated.

I can't help with first-hand information, but I had this bookmarked, they have 1.5" webbing. Might be the same as Dive Rite for all I know.
You could ask their customer service:
Flat Nylon Webbing 1-1/2 Inch

Pretty sure that is standard webbing. Strapworks does sell the stiffer scuba webbing, but it is 1 7/8. I may have to just go that route. But I know the 1.5" is available because folks are using it to make what I want to copy.

How stiff ? The stiffness is from how tight the weave is and what thread is used... I only have Parachute webbing and 1 1/2 is not common at all... Go to
www.para-gear.com They may have something that will work....

Jim...

You can try piranha dive gear.

I've read that their webbing is pretty stiff.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

How stiff ? The stiffness is from how tight the weave is and what thread is used... I only have Parachute webbing and 1 1/2 is not common at all... Go to

Jim...

I checked them out and did not see anything that seem suitable.

Stiff enough that it is not easily folded over in half. Seems the webbing is most used in weight belts.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2013 at 04:52 PM ----------

Googleing for "resin impregnated webbing" turns up these guys:

1 1/4? ? 1 1/2? Nylon Webbing- Lowy Enterprises, Inc.

Last item seems to be what you're after?

Looks like it. Now if only I could find it by the foot! I found many manufacturers, just no retailers.

You can try piranha dive gear.

I've read that their webbing is pretty stiff.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I will check, thank you.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

Jim...

Try this reply again....

Stiff. Should not be able to roll the edges over. The webbing at Para Gear is to soft.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2013 at 08:51 PM ----------

Googleing for "resin impregnated webbing" turns up these guys:

1 1/4? ? 1 1/2? Nylon Webbing- Lowy Enterprises, Inc.

Last item seems to be what you're after?

Yep... If only they sold it by the foot!

I may just bump up to 2" I can find that all day.

Why are my replies being moderated?

Why are my replies being moderated?
Because they contain external links and you're a new user. You are quoting posts with links, and it's the presence of those links together with your short posting history that are triggering the system to place your posts in the moderation queue.

Back
Top Bottom