Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hide one on the car/truck and tell/show my dive buddy where. I carry another on a cord around my neck.

drdaddy

Nothing like living in a place there is still trust. I live in a small town that we leave our keys in the car at our local dive lake no worries, However 45 minutes up the road in Jacksonville FL had our tag stole off the car in Walmart Parking lot.

but out of curiosity, those who do majority of diving via shore, where do you put your car keys? and especially for those that have the new electronic keys (mercedes and etc.), where do you put your key? i'm sure no one here goes diving with electronic keyless entry remote...right?
When I go shore diving, I just leave my keys under the front seat. I don't think anyone that goes shore diving there ever locks their car.

Last edited:
I have a key pad on my truck. It is a feature I was looking into when buying this time around, and I absolutely love it. I leave my keys safely locked inside.

In addition, I can warm my car up in the mornings and leave it locked, even if I don't have a spare key on me...awesome feature.

Beenaz I only do boat diving, my motel and rental car keys are left with the dive shop.The only money I take along is tip money for the DM and boat captain.

Small dry box from Pelican cases, slightly bigger than a credit card, goes in my drysuit pocket, has stayed dry down to 150 ft.

a diver friend hid his on the vechile somewhere and when they all returned from the dive all of their wallets were gone, thankfully the car was still there, the only diver that left their stuff in my van had $$ to get home on DUH !!
I got a duplicate key made with NO electronics in it , I leave my electronic key locked in the car & i use the duplicate to open the door manually
that key is hooked to my body, I had been known to have 2 of those spare keys one for my non diver friends in the group until they were irresponsible & lost it in the sand, now if you want in my car stay with me, I HAVE THE KEY

Last edited:
I put my keys in a pocket in my undergarments inside my drysuit

If you have a vehicle with a tow hitch:

HitchSafe

I have one of these. Leave a key in there in case you lock your keys in, or otherwise need to get into the vehicle. I got one because when we go hiking, if one person with the key falls off the ledge and plummets to their death, the other person can still make use of the vehicle using the key in the hitch safe.

Real handy.

Attachments

• hideakey-small.jpg
    hideakey-small.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 44
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom