Where are the year round divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Year round diver here in Bahrain. Work took me out here from Virginia for a two year rotation a little over 8 years ago.

Water temps drop to the low 70's in January and hit the low 100's in the peak summer.

Another NorCal Diver here. I know a lot of people don't enjoy cold water, but I do enjoy it! Couldn't imagine NOT diving all year!

I cave dive year round in the N. Florida springs. :) If I want to punish myself, I might dive Lake Jocassee in winter with hella undergarments and drygloves.

It is rapidly becoming that time of year again.....

That's right the warmer weather dive buddies are hanging up the wetsuits till spring. So I'm looking for winter dive buddies. DM if you dive year round.
While I'm not ready for Ice diving or standing around in subzero air temps, I'm always looking to broaden my experience levels.

I've done Lake Champlain in early April and hoping to do a Thanksgiving and Christmas dive there as well.

Where in NE are you located?

Is diving in Bahrain any good? What about vis?
28 meters is about the deepest we go here. We have to go out about 40 NM to hit that depth. Some areas that far out are 8 to 15 meters. Because it's relatively shallow the visibility is dependent on the wind. Good Vis here is about 30 ft or so, poor vis gets down to 5 ft or less.

Back
Top Bottom