Where are the year round divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

28 meters is about the deepest we go here. We have to go out about 40 NM to hit that depth. Some areas that far out are 8 to 15 meters. Because it's relatively shallow the visibility is dependent on the wind. Good Vis here is about 30 ft or so, poor vis gets down to 5 ft or less.

Anything good to see there?

Anything good to see there?
The Bahrain Government wanted to open a dive park out here to attract more tourism. To kick off the project the crown prince bought and sunk a 747 as the main attraction. It lasted about a year before a fishing boat dragging its net caught the tail, ripped it off and dropped it on the cockpit and crushed it. The site was shut down after that. A few people tried to find it without success based on the last known GPS coords. I was able to dive it a few times before it closed. It was always neat to see a 747 slowly appear as you descended.

There's some non-penetration wrecks and some reeks that haven't been destroyed from the heat/pollution/over fishing. Overall the diving here isn't bad and we can go pretty much every weekend year round. Plenty of sealife to bee seen. Fish, snakes, turtles, rays, small sharks, whale sharks migrate by a couple times a year.

The Bahrain Government wanted to open a dive park out here to attract more tourism. To kick off the project the crown prince bought and sunk a 747 as the main attraction. It lasted about a year before a fishing boat dragging its net caught the tail, ripped it off and dropped it on the cockpit and crushed it. The site was shut down after that. A few people tried to find it without success based on the last known GPS coords. I was able to dive it a few times before it closed. It was always neat to see a 747 slowly appear as you descended.

There's some non-penetration wrecks and some reeks that haven't been destroyed from the heat/pollution/over fishing. Overall the diving here isn't bad and we can go pretty much every weekend year round. Plenty of sealife to bee seen. Fish, snakes, turtles, rays, small sharks, whale sharks migrate by a couple times a year.

How's vis?

It is rapidly becoming that time of year again.....

That's right the warmer weather dive buddies are hanging up the wetsuits till spring. So I'm looking for winter dive buddies. DM if you dive year round.
I dive all year either NH or Northern MA, I work five days a week so it's weekends only for me.

Year round here in the UAE, I'm in a drysuit once the water temps hit 23C.

I'm in drysuit year around

Year round for sure. Some good diving in the cold months providing you don't get a neck seal leak. RI and CT
I did just get back from French Polynesia and got 20 dives in. Was in my 1mm suit there.

Year round for sure. Some good diving in the cold months providing you don't get a neck seal leak. RI ans CT

I'm possibly looking at this weekend.

Dive year round here in southern California. I dive a 7 mil. Just got a heated vest that I love so far. People dive both wet and dry here.

Back
Top Bottom