Where are the SCALLOPS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I've never seen them free swimming before... I don't think the sea scallops I'm used to are able to do it after they mature.

150206997_993db828ca.jpg

Last edited:
MSilva, I was just teasing too about them being at Publix too. No Worries.
I WISH our tiny bay scallops had as much meat as your monsters!

It seems from the statistical data from the Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission study there numbers spike very high and then drop very low. Next year will be a better year.

No Worries.
I WISH our tiny bay scallops had as much meat as your monsters!
No worries at all. If you ever feel like coming up for a "monster" sea scallop dive, I'd be happy to have you! They don't put up much of a fight, but they sure are tasty.

If you're interested, here's a 2 minute video of some low-vis New England scallop diving at 70'. Bottom temps were about 50 degrees F.
Scuba Diving Videos Sea Scallop Diving Scuba Videos
It seems from the statistical data from the Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission study there numbers spike very high and then drop very low. Next year will be a better year.
Glad to hear it. Better luck next year!

Thanks for the invite, but I was born and raised in Florida, so my cold tolerance is 0!
FYI: the furtherest north I have dove is Pensacola, FL on the Oriskany. The coldest I can remember diving was 58. I will have to get a drysuit to dive with you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom