Where Are The 3442 Worthington Cylinders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
I have been waiting since November for these things. My LDS is useless for info and was trying to find out through xs scuba and sea pearls (suppliers). Does anyone have any real info on their arrival? On the suppliers websites, one says June, the other mid June. When I started it was April, then May and so on.

We have been waiting for the DOT to do a facility audit so that production may begin. We been approved by TC Canada and have completed all the DOT filing and have been given an Exemption number (E-14157). DOT has been extremely busy but the audit is scheduled for the week of July 11th.

Lee
Sea Pearls

Great news... any word on MSRP? :wink:

Leadking:
We have been waiting for the DOT to do a facility audit so that production may begin. We been approved by TC Canada and have completed all the DOT filing and have been given an Exemption number (E-14157). DOT has been extremely busy but the audit is scheduled for the week of July 11th.

Lee
Sea Pearls

July 11? then assuming there is no problem, they will begin a production run? Thats just too long. PST is going to have to get my order, I've been waiting since November.

It is what it is. I have been waiting also, but not for one tank but thousands!

I made some phone calls today to Xsscuba and Sea pearls. Both stated they had not expected anything until August or September due to DOT issues.

It's probably fair to expect a time delay between the DOT inspection and actually seeing anything in stores. I'm sure there's a lot of paperwork, and production probably won't even begin until after that's done.. etc etc..

jonnythan:
It's probably fair to expect a time delay between the DOT inspection and actually seeing anything in stores. I'm sure there's a lot of paperwork, and production probably won't even begin until after that's done.. etc etc..

Production will be occurring during the DOT audit process (that is what the DOT is auditing) sample cylinders are the sent to a fourth party for further analysis. My understanding is that during that time cylinders can continue to be manufactured but not shipped until final fourth party inspection and approval which we expect will be 4-5 weeks.

I have always tried to provide the most accurate info as we value our customers and realize we may not be able to fill their equipment needs at the current time and allow them to make a decision based upon the facts.

Lee
Sea Pearls

Don't expect to be able to grab all the PSI tanks you want either. No steel tanks seem to come fast and easy.

Back
Top Bottom