Where are all the Weekend Dive plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kitsune - we're heading from Alabama. dnos from Mobile and he will pick me up at McDonalds in Loxley(AL) and we are heading to Navarre from here. We will be meeting you at Navarre Beach Pier at 8AM if you'd like to get some dives in :D Just let me know if I need to bring some extra tanks for you.

I'm in, if you guys will tell me how to get to the pier -- is it on Santa Rosa Island, or near Hurlburt Field? And I will borrow a couple tanks from you if you're willing (for which I will gladly pay you for the fills). I'll have you brief me on what to expect there. Fish hooks, jellies, or the like. :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
Iv'e gotta girl who's dying to eat lunch with me(in Mobile, AL), so I've gotta stick closer to home on Sunday. :wink:

Say it isn't so Mat. The last of the real bachelor divers. You aren't even dating, and already you are letting a woman dictate your dive schedule. How far the mighty have fallen.

:lol: :mooner: :shakehead

KansaiKitsune:
I'm in, if you guys will tell me how to get to the pier -- is it on Santa Rosa Island, or near Hurlburt Field? And I will borrow a couple tanks from you if you're willing (for which I will gladly pay you for the fills). I'll have you brief me on what to expect there. Fish hooks, jellies, or the like. :wink:

Its past Santa Rosa Island and past Hurlburt Field, keep going west until you reach Navarre. There is a bridge that heads South(big bridge, you won't miss it) from Hwy 98 to Navarre Beach. You'll come to an intersection after the bridge, go straight ahead into the large parking lot and goto the SouthWest corner of it, which is closest to the pier. Feel free to call if you get lost 251-978-4089. Its basically head West to Navarre, take a left at the big bridge, and straight into the parking area :D dnos drives a silver Toyota pickup(I think?).

The pier has been destroyed by hurricane Ivan, so there wil be no fresh lines, possibly some old ones? We didn't have a problem with them last time. Jellyfish have been getting progressively worse, so we'll have to keep an eye out and you'll want to bring some kind of exposure protection. Water temps are in the upper 80s. Surf today was running shin-high-ish, nothing we can't handle. Hopefully, there isn't too much seaweed.

photohikedive:
Say it isn't so Mat. The last of the real bachelor divers. You aren't even dating, and already you are letting a woman dictate your dive schedule. How far the mighty have fallen.

:lol: :mooner: :shakehead

A guys got needs!:eyebrow:

I'd be joining you but I'm doing an unusual thing for me - paying for a boat dive :D.

SeaYoda:
I'd be joining you but I'm doing an unusual thing for me - paying for a boat dive :D.

Bah! :D For a comment like that, I'll require pics!

If the boat gets cancelled, and the water is not too rough, I'll head over to the pier. You know how the boat thing is around here. I'd rather be safe than sorry so I'm not going to complain. Tides at the jetties look to be a double and, with the viz being milky today, it looks iffy for the viz to improve with little flow back and forth. In the event of a no-boat day, the pier sounds pretty good.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom