Where Anilao dive fees go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremygo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I tought some people might be interested in where the dive fee money goes to in Anilao.

I have a feeling that alot of where that money came from resides in this forum! :D

Anyway, check out this link

Hope you find it enlightening.

Its funny that on a night dive recently in Anilao I saw nets lit with candles from end to end near vistamar.

Perhaps they should also patrol at night as well.

Apparently, this type of fishing is not illegal. It is shallow and the eye of the net is within the regulation and is passive gear fishing. I asked this question to the Menro (Municipal Environmental Office) Officer of Mabini and this was what she answered.

There will also be a meeting for water zonation in Mabini tomorrow and this item will be brought up as more of a hazard to boat travel.

You will notice that in Tingloy, there are 3 buoys in Dari Laut and 3 buoys in Layag. For the coming habagat, there will be more buoys placed in Caban cove and maybe Kirby's rock (on the east side of Caban and Maricaban). Its just that my big banca has to be repaired when the typhoon hit and I am looking for another big banca that can pull the sinkers. This to add to where the divers fee are used.

Back
Top Bottom