When you don't dive you config your gear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Since I didn't get a chance to dive this weekend my dive buddies got sick :depressed:... I finally got a chance to configure all my gear for when I go dry...

Here are some pics I snapped; hopefully I'll soon see myself diving all of it in Monterey. I can't hardly wait as most of my dive buddies have gone dry and I'm still Mr. Freeze in my cold wetsuit :depressed:...

29zoabs.jpg

2vsrpg4.jpg

333z4ns.jpg

oje48y.jpg

neydqu.jpg

67prps.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Nice equipment, nice house.
I bet you are pretty eager to try it wet.
The equipment that is. :)
What kind of underwear are you using?
Also, your long hose should go under your arm and not make a complete circle around your neck.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Mike,

Nice equipment, nice house.
I bet you are pretty eager to try it wet.
The equipment that is. :)
What kind of underwear are you using?
Also, your long hose should go under your arm and not make a complete circle around your neck.

Cheers

Michael

Hey Michael,

I'm using the Polartec Powerstretch 300, with the socks and the warm liner gloves for my hands.

I do own both size hoses for my primary 7ft and 5ft; the picture here is with the 5ft hose. Are you saying that I should tuck it under my arm, even though it's only 5ft?

Thanks,

MG

p.s
the house got sold that is why you don't see anything in it...

If its 5ft it should go under your right shoulder, accross your body, over your left shoulder, around the back of your neck then in your mouth.

If its 7 ft it should do roughly the same thing, except it will go under the canniser light or stuffed in your waiste band.

Good choice on your underwear. I use the same, three weeks ago i did four 90 minutes dives(2 Saturday, 2 Sunday) in the St-Lawrence river and the water was 48 degrees. I was OK for the first hour but it got chilly after that, I can't complain because those dives were pretty intense and my instructor said that it was the first time he had done such a long time in cold water.

For your 5 foot hose: it's very important that it does not do a complete circle around your neck.

Deployment of the hose in that position could be very tricky in certain circumstances. As an example an out of air diver grabbing it from your mouth would in his panic strangle you with it.
Just pass it under your arm like the 7 foot hose. You don't have to tuck, it will follow your movements and be very easy to deploy.

Good diving

Mike, looking all kinds of tough in those pictures :wink:. Nice configuration.

Do you have an OPV on the pony-bottle first-stage? (hard to tell from the photos)

Have you considered mounting the pony bottle first stage at a 90 degree angle to how it is mounted now? It looks like the hose shoots straight out to the side then makes a 90deg bend up, which is unnecessary. Why not mount the first stage with the hose pointing up?

Mike, looking all kinds of tough in those pictures :wink:. Nice configuration.

LOL,

Just following a certain somebody??? Or could it be that I am mini version of Brandon :D...

I really liked your equipment and followed your lead....

MG

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom